Roadhog Rebuff Coming Soon With Overwatch PTR Update
Another Overwatch PTR update is coming soon that will further tweak the Roadhog’s hook. The update will address the players’ concerns that escaping the hook has become very easy along with a minor buff for the Sombra and nerf for Ana.
Recently, an Overwatch PTR update nerfed the Roadhog, after the update many players complained that Blizzard has nerfed the character too much. So to address this issue principal designer Geoff Goodman announced on Overwatch forum that a new Overwatch PTR update will be coming soon. The update will introduce following changes.
- Added some more line of sight checks to the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won’t be released anymore.
- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line of sight, breaking the hook.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.
- Biotic Grenade duration reduced from 5s to 4s
- Hack cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s
Overwatch is a first-person multiplayer shooter developed by Blizzard Entertainment for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.