New AMD Crimson Relive Edition Drivers Fix Long List Of Issues
The new AMD Crimson Relive Edition 16.12.2 drivers have been released by AMD and this new update fixes loads of issues that were present in the previous version of the drivers. As we have talked about earlier it was odd to see that the AMD Crimson Relive Edition drivers were actually messing with the ping of League of Legends. Reddit user reported this a while back and hopefully now this issue will not take place.
Also check out: Why AMD Ryzen Chip Need Not Compete With The $1000 Intel CPUs
As is the case with drivers there are always some known issues and it seems that the AMD Crimson Relive Edition drivers are no exception either. According to the company:
“AMD FreeSync technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background a workaround, if this issue is experienced, is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on nonprimary extended displays.”
AMD Crimson Relive Edition drivers fixes are as follows:
- Radeon ReLive would refuse to install during Crimson ReLive Edition installation on some system configurations.
- There were translation errors regarding both Radeon Settings and Radeon ReLive.
- When enabled, Radeon ReLive would cause the second Radeon graphics card in a multi-GPU system to exit a low power state.
- Radeon ReLive would be unable to take screenshots of secondary displays at times.
- When recording audio using Radeon ReLive, playback would sometimes be slowed.
Although some major problems have been taken care of there are still some issues with the Frame Rate Target Control and AMD has suggested that users turn off this feature when using the AMD Crimson Relive Edition drivers. It is nice to see that AMD has come with a fix so quickly. That is some dedication. What do you think about the AMD Crimson Relive Edition drivers?