The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Dishonored 2 Beta Update 1.3 Now Available, Fixes Performance Issues And More
Dishonored 2 launched early last month with some stellar reviews but there are still a lot of performance issue with the PC version. Arkane Studios has already released two updates to address the performance on PC and now the developer has launched Dishonored 2 beta update 1.3.
Dishonored 2 beta update 1.3 will also be focusing on improving the performance and fixing various issues related to UI, Options menu, multiple monitors and more. As the name suggests the update is available in beta.
Dishonored 2 beta update 1.3 will let players disable motion blur for the camera, fixes the bug where textures were missing for some GPUs. The update also dresses the mouse movement bug, improves rendering performance and also fixes the issues related to display.
Also, the devs have listed the known issues with Dishonored 2 beta update 1.3. The default FPS limiter is 60 if V.sync is turned off twice the default FPS will set to 30. Hopefully, this will be fixed when the update properly launches.
Dishonored 2 Beta Update 1.3:
- Added a setting to turn OFF Camera Motion Blur
- Fixed a bug which caused some textures to be missing when Texture Quality was set above Medium for some GPUs
- Fixed a bug where the game sometimes launched in the previously saved resolution in the top left corner of the screen
- Fixed a bug where “Adaptive Resolution” was incorrectly set to “Manual”
- Fixed a bug where changing the Screen Resolution, Monitor, Windowed Mode or Triple Buffering did not properly revert after selecting “No”
- Fixed a bug where the player was incorrectly asked to confirm changes when no changes were made
- Fixed a bug where V-Sync settings did not match the monitor refresh rate when higher than 60hz
- Fixed a bug where pressing “No” in the confirmation prompt when changing Triple Buffering setting sometimes made the prompt appear again
Display / Monitor
- Fixed a bug with multiple monitors which caused the game to not display on the primary monitor by default
- Fixed a bug which caused some UI elements to be misplaced when using 5:4 or 4:3 aspect ratios
- Fixed a bug which caused the game window to appear off screen when resolution was set below the native resolution for 1440P and 2160P monitors.
- Fixed a bug which caused incorrect Resolution Scale FPS Target when changing V-Sync mode
- Set default value for Resolution Scaling Quality to “Quality”
Rendering / Performance
- Fixed a rendering bug affecting the lighting on some NPCs which sometimes caused a red glow
- FPS limiter set to 60 FPS by default
- Adjusted Shadow Quality settings – “High” setting and below have a more significant visual and performance adjustment
- Reduced performance impact of transparent surfaces & VFX
- Fixed a bug impacting mouse movement speed
- Switching off the V-Sync a second time sets the FPS Limiter to 30 instead of 60 by default
- Changing the settings from TXAA to FXAA and not applying the change sets the TXAA Sharpness to 1 instead of its previous value
- Disconnecting and reconnecting a controller during gameplay may cause the controls to become locked
—–>Alt-tabbing or pressing the Xbox button on the controller should return controls
- The game crashes to desktop when loading into gameplay on a Phenom II processor
—–>Phenom II processors are currently not supported
- Adaptive Resolution can get stuck at -1 when restoring video settings
—–>Changing the V-Sync option will allow the Adaptive Resolution slider to move again
Dishonored is a first-person stealth action game developed by Arkane Studios for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.