HTC VIVE is the First VR Headset to Release in Singapore
VR headsets are already going viral in the west but the story is different for the eastern market. Many countries are yet to receive these devices but Singapore is not one of them anymore.
HTC has just released VIVE in Singapore so players can grab their wallets and get a unit.
HTC VIVE Specification
- Display – OLED
- Resolution – 2160 x 1200
- Refresh Rate – 90Hz
- Platform – VivePort
- Field of view – 110 degrees
- Tracking area – 15 x 15 feet
- Built-in audio – Yes
- Built-in mic – Yes
- Controller – Vive controller, any PC compatible gamepad
- Sensors – Accelerometer, gyroscope, Lighthouse laser tracking system, front-facing camera
- Connections – HDMI, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 /AMD Radeon RX 480 equivalent or greater
Intel Core i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- 4GB+ of RAM
- Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
- 1x USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7 SP1 or greater
According to HTC’s press release:
On November 28th, consumers will be able to purchase Vive online at Vive’s official website while retail demo and sales will be made available by end of 2016. Each store location will boast an interactive Vive demonstration station, fully open to the general public for individual sessions to experience a variety of virtual reality content supported by the platform. Consumers will also be able to purchase Vive following an in-store demonstration, directly from participating retailers. For product information or to purchase a Vive, visit Vive’s official website: www.vive.com/sg/
HTC VIVE will cost you S$1,349 in Singapore. You can head over to the link in the press release to make a purchase from the official website.