Upcoming Dark Souls 3 Patch to Adjust Poise Values Across the Board
The upcoming Dark Souls 3 patch will adjust “poise values across the board,” according to From Software.
The upcoming Dark Souls 3 patch which will bring the game to v.1.08 is scheduled to roll out this Friday, Oct. 21, 2016 and might bring good news for player boasting the Heavy Weapon/Armor builds.
Dark Souls 3 Patch Adjusts Poise Values
In addition to several bug fixes and gameplay changes, the upcoming patch will also address an important stat for players with Heavy Weapon/Armor builds called Poise. The stat has been present in the game since its inception, but according to many, does not affect anything unlike the franchise’s earlier installments.
Having high “Poise” basically prevents players from getting into a stun-lock from enemies’ chained attacks which is something common in Dark Souls games. With enough points invested into the stat, players should easily be able to roll, block, or even attack during enemies’ attack – making Heavy Builds worth the effort.
Since the game’s release, the stat has not worked as intended, frustrating players running the Heavy Builds. There is not telling whether the upcoming patch will completely fix the stat or not, fans are definitely excited for it.
As for the rest of the patch notes, you can find them after the break:
- Adjusted poise values across the board. Poise is now more effective for heavier weapons and armor.
- Improved regular attack animations of hammer category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of greatsword category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of axe category weapons.
- Improved regular attack animations of fist category weapons.
- Improved the “Neck Swipe” weapon skill animation of scythe category weapons.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using whips would not deal additional damage when fully charged.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using the Pickaxe would consume stamina multiple times per attack.
- Adjusted the “Onislayer” weapon skill hitbox timings for Onikiri and Ubadachi.
- Adjusted the hitbox timings of the claw category weapon skill “Leaping Slash”.
- Fixed a bug where rolling attacks on Astora’s Greatsword could not be parried.
- Improved the “Wrath of the Gods” weapon skill animation for Wornir’s Holy Sword.
- Improved the “Blind Spot” weapon skill animation for Corvian Greatknife and Handmaiden’s Dagger.
- Improved the “Shield Splitter” weapon skill animation for Mail Breaker and Irithyll Rapier.
- Improved the “Wolf Leap” weapon skill animation for Old Wolf Curved Sword.
- The weapon skill of Old King’s Great Hammer “Molten Perseverence” will now release lava on both hits.
- Improved the “Darkdrift” weapon skill animation for Darkdrift.
- Reduced effectiveness of rolling attack animations on Gotthard Twinswords while dual wielding.
- Increased effectiveness of the sorcery “Pestilent Mercury”.
- Improved the cast animation of miracle “Lifehunt Scythe”.
- Increased poison and toxic buildup of the pyromancies “Poison Mist” and “Toxis Mist”, respectively.
- Increased durability damage buildup of the pyromancy “Acid Surge”.
- Increased duration of the “Warcry” weapon skill.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s lock-on target would automatically change even if “Toggle auto lock-on” was set to “Off”.
- Fixed a bug where the leader board for Darkmoon Knights would display incorrect statistics.
- Fixed a bug where the fog wall near Holy Knight Hodrick would sometimes not disappear during multiplayer even after defeating him.
- Fixed a bug where Orbeck of Vinheim would sometimes die before the player purchased all his spells.
- Fixed a bug where Patches and Greirat would never return if sent to steal after defeating all bosses.
- Fixed a bug where female characters were subject to counter damage during certain movement animations.
- Fixed a bug where equipping Vordt’s Great Hammer or Irithyll Straight Sword in the left hand would cause enchantments to disappear from weapons in the right hand.
- Fixed a bug where two-handing certain weapons would cause the stealth effect on Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring to not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Hornet Ring was not working for claw category weapons.
- Fixed a bug where dash attacks could not be performed using Farron Greatsword.
- Fixed a bug where strong attacks using Lothric Knight Sword were not dealing thrust type damage.
- Fixed a bug where dash attacks using Onikiri and Ubadachi were not dealing thrust type damage.
- Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.
From Software has also announced that before the patch goes live, servers will go down for maintenance, making the PVP unavailable.
- JST – 2016-10-21: 17:00—19:00
- PDT – 2016-10-21: 01:00—03:00
- CEST – 2016-10-21: 10:00—12:00
- JST – 2016-10-21: 10:00—12:00
- PDT – 2016-10-21: 18:00—20:00
- CEST – 2016-10-21: 03:00—05:00
- JST – 2016-10-21: 10:00—16:00
- PDT – 2016-10-21: 18:00—00:00
- CEST – 2016-10-21: 03:00—09:00
The first of two planned Dark Souls 3 expansions, Ashes of Ariandel is scheduled to release on Oct. 25, 2016 on Steam, PSN, and Xbox Store.