The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
WWE 2K17 MyCareer Guide – Skills, Attributes, Authority Challenges, How to Create a Superstar
WWE 2K17 MyCareer Mode guide with tips to create the perfect wrestler and to outshine your rivals.
To better understand the game mode, think of WWE 2K17 MyCareer Mode as the Main Story of a custom-created character. Similar to earlier iterations, you start off with training and embark upon the journey of becoming a superstar on RAW and Smackdown. As you progress through the mode, you get to participate in PPVs, events on WWE programming – all leading to WrestleMania.
For more help on WWE 2K17, read out our VC Farming Guide, Submissions Guide, and Tips & Tricks Guide.
WWE 2K17 MyCareer Mode Guide
WWE 2K17 MyCareer Mode Guide provides an overview of MyCareer Mode with tips and strategies to create the perfect superstar:
After firing up MyCareer Mode, you are given the freedom of either importing or creating a custom wrestler before starting the tutorial. When we talk about the tutorial, it essentially revolves around learning the ropes of the game, cutting promos, etc.
Once you are done with these things, you should be able to dive deeper into the game mode and compete against world-class wrestlers. At the start of each week in MyCareer Mode, you get the freedom of customizing your character and prepare for upcoming events.
You should be able to choose a manager, farm VC which is the game’s virtual currency, modify your skills, get an idea about your rivals & allies, participate in Authority Challenges, and see where you fall against the world-class wrestlers. However, it is important to note that nothing of it is set in stone and changes from week-to-week depending upon your performance.
There are about 50 Authority Challenges in WWE 2K17 MyCareer Mode. Successfully completing these challenges should not provide you with additional VC to play with, but also grant you favour with The Authority.
- Win by DQ
- Win by pinfall
- Win by Submission
- Put on a 5-Star Match
- Perform 2 Finishers in a match
- Put on a 3-Star Match or better
- Put on a 4-Star Match of better
- Use a foreign object during a match
- Perform an OMG! moment during a match
- Perform 2 Signature moves in a match
- Perform your opponent’s finisher during a match
- Get your opponent’s arm health to red
- Get your opponent’s leg health to red
- Get your opponent’s body health to red
- Get your opponent’s head health to red
- Win a match without reaching Level 3 stamina
- Win a match without reaching level 3 2 stamina
- Win a match with all green health for your body parts
- Win a match with green body health
- Win a match with green leg health
- Win a match with green arm health
- Win a match with green head health
- Trigger Barricade Breaker twice and win by count out
- Lose your Championship in a 3-Star Match
- Lose your Championship in a 4-Star Match
- Lose your Championship in a 5-Star Match
- Perform 3 aerial moves off the turnbuckle
- Hold your opponent down with 3 working holds
- Perform 3 running moves during your match
- Put on a 5-Star match and lose against a target Superstar
- Put on a 3-Star Match or better and lose against a target Superstar
- Put on a 4-Star Match or better and lose against a target Superstar
- Perform 3 grapple moves on your opponent while outside the ring
- Win your match after your opponent does his signature on you
- Win your match after your opponent does his finisher on you
- Reverse your opponent’s signature
- Reverse your opponent’s finisher
- Run-in mid-match on a target superstar and make sure he loses
- Run-in mid-match on a FACE Superstar’s match and ensure he loses
- Run-in mid-match on a target Superstar and make sure he wins
- Run-in mid-match on any HEEL Superstar’s match and ensure he wins
- Use a foreign object during your mid-match run-in
- Run-in on a target Superstar during his entrance
- Run-in on any FACE Superstar during his entrance
- Distract the referee in any HEEL Superstar’s favor during a mid-match run-in
- Distract the referee in support of a target Superstar during a mid-match run-in
- Cheer on any Superstar in his corner during his match
- Cheer on any HEEL Superstar in his corner during his match
It is important to understand that you must choose the Authority Challenge you wish to complete and must do so within a match/week in order to acquire favour and additional VC. I have provided a complete list of all Authority Challenges after the break.
Attributes are directly tied to a wrestler’s offensive and defensive capabilities. When it comes to attributes, you must keep your individual playstyle in mind, but also assert that you do not lag behind in any possible way.
If I were to break down attributes, I would say that reversals are good against offensive opponents, momentum is good for pulling off finishers as well as signature moves, durability is directly tied to submissions, and stamina is the core of having good defense.
Once again, it all comes down to players and their individual playstyle and how they wish to approach their fights.
Skills and Specialized Skills
When creating your character, you need to have a clear understanding of how you wish to approach your fighter and playstyle. In addition to your size, you need to go with moves that complement how you play the game.
For example, if you wish to play a striker, it is important that you have enough speed to keep you going. On the other hand, if you want a power-house, you need to focus more on heavy strikes and things like that.
In addition to regular moves, you can also go with specialized moves which have the tendency of turning the table during a close match. Back in WWE 2K16, we recommended our readers to go with something like the Hammer Throw which can deal significant amount of damage or Comeback which triggered a mini-game and allowed you to get back into the game.
How to Get 5-Star Rating
In order to get 5-star rating, you need to show the crowd a whole lot of moves i.e. dives, submissions, using tools, finishers, OMG finishers, etc. If you are confident in your abilities, you can also let your opponent pin you down and then get back up to keep the crowd excited.
In addition to this, you also need to pull off moves like counter-attacks, signature moves, finishers, etc. However, be careful of not repeating the same moves over and over again. To sum everything up, you basically need to make the fight as exciting for the crowd as possible.
This is all we have on WWE 2K17 MyCareer Mode Guide. If there is anything else you would like to add, let us know in the comments section below!