Shadow Warrior 2 Errors, Crashes, Loading Screen, Black Screen, Aim Toggle and Fixes
If you are looking for an action packed FPS full of different crazy weapons, Shadow Warrior 2 is the right option for you. The game has managed to secure descent reviews for its solid first person gameplay and if you are one who liked DOOM, there are are high chances that you are also going to like this one.
PC version of the game came out along with consoles and while the game looks solid overall, there are some issues that are plaguing the PC version. Developer has acknowledged some of them and a patch will be rolled out soon to address them. For the rest of the known issue, we have shortlisted the common issues with possible workarounds for you.
Shadow Warrior 2 Errors, Loading Screen, Crashes and Their Fixes
#1 Shadow Warrior 2 SLI/Crossfire, HDR Fix
If you are having issues with HDR or your SLI/Crossfire is not working, you should enable the exclusive full screen mode from game options. This should resolve the issues.
#2 Shadow Warrior 2 Loading Screen Issue
Users with 2 core cpus have reported that they get stuck on loading screen. Well, the good news is that the developer has acknowledged the issue and they are working on a patch. The patch is set to release on October 18.
#3 Shadow Warrior 2 Save File Corrupt Issue
If your save file has been corrupted, you can restore it by using the following workaround:
- Go to: c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Flying Wild Hog\Shadow Warrior 2\profiles\steam_[randomid]\
- Here, you will be able to find 5 folders (numbered) with saves.
- Go into appropriate folder and there are two backups for every save.
- Replace progress.bin with progress.bin.0.backup (or progress.bin.1.backup).
- Replace save_auto.bin with save_auto.bin.0.backup (or save_auto.bin.1.backup).
#4 Shadow Warrior 2 Directx 11 Device Not Found
If you are trying to run the game on the laptop, you should make sure that the game being run using the dedicated GPU (Nvidia/AMD). You can select the preferred GPU for games through Nvidia/AMD control panel.
Also, make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your GPU. It could very well be that case that your GPU doesn’t support dx 11. In that case, you will have to upgrade your GPU.
#5 Shadow Warrior 2 Connectivity Issues
If you are unable to connect to multiplayer or are being kicked out during the matchmaking, you should make sure that your game is not being blocked by your firewall/security software. If you are using a VPN, try disabling it.
#6 Shadow Warrior 2 Startup Crash Fix
If you are facing a crash when you try to start the game, you should try out the following things:
- Make sure that the game is not being blocked by your firewall or antivirus software.
- In the game directory, you will be able to find a redit folder. Install all the excutables in it. You should restart your system after the install.
- If nothing works, some users have reported that making a new windows user and running the game on that user has done the trick for them.
- Do not forget to try running the game as admin.
#7 Shadow Warrior 2 – How to Enable Toggle Aiming
Shadow Warrior 2 doesn’t support toggle aiming by default. However, you can enable it using the config file. Go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Shadow Warrior 2\ and here, create an empty text file by the name of “autoexec.cfg”. In this cfg file, you should add the following lines:
bind mouse_right “zoom_toggle”
Save the changes and toggle aim should work now.
#8 Shadow Warrior 2 Crashes With Black Screen
If you are hearing the background audio but the screen is black, you can try out a couple of things. First make sure that your screen refresh rate is same that of the game. To be safe, keep it 60hz to launch the game. If that’s not the issue, you should check if your GPU is overclocked as some users have reported that the black screen crash was gone once the used the default clocks for their GPUs.
If you are facing any other issues regarding Shadow Warrior 2, let us know in the comments below.