In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
New Pokemon Go Update Brings New Features, Fixes And More
Niantic Labs has released a new Pokemon Go update that adds previously announced features along with some new one.
As previously announced this Pokemon Go update will increase the chances for players to catch rare Pokemon. The update also includes a egg and incubator screens, which will periodically update the distance a players will walk without players to close and re-open the screen.
This Pokemon update also fixes some minor issues and audio issues, however, no specific details were revealed by the devs.
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
Pokemon Go was an instant success upon launch, while many did not speculated that the game would be attracting so many players, the developers also underestimated the popularity of the Pokemon, as the traffic was 50 times more compared to what the developers were estimating.
According to Google, 15 minutes after Pokemon Go launched in Australia and New Zealand, Niantic was on the phone with the company as the traffic has exceeded than expectations. Google CRE and Niantic “worked hand-in-hand with Niantic to review every part of their architecture.
Recently, Sony CEO Kaz Hirai spoke about the company’s plans for the mobile game market and Pokemon Go. He said that Pokemon Go is a game changer, as it has the ability to change how people move.