In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Report : Nintendo NX Will Support 4K Streaming, Will Run Games At 1080p 60 FPS And More
There has been many leaks and rumors over the past few months and it seems that these leaks are not going to stop until Nintendo reveals its upcoming console. While there is already a rumor running wild on internet that NX might be revealed on October 21, a new leak regarding Nintendo NX has made its way to the internet(like its anything new) the suggests that the console will support 4K streaming , gaming on the go, will run games at 1080p at 60 fps and more.
The leak comes from the reddit user FlapSnappl, and according to the redit user his/her source works for a very large retailer and have access to marketing material, bundles and other information. According to the source, Nintendo NX poster has phrases like “game on the go”, and many posters has Mario branding on them suggesting that a Mario game will be a lunch title for Nintendo NX.
- “Interact with your game on the go.” phrase seen on a poster.
- Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
- Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
- Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
- Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
Also Nintendo NX will have a bundle, and while the exact contents of the bundle are not known, the bundle is set to be priced at $399.99. As for the packaging, its slightly larger than the Wii U’s packaging, the color scheme for the packaging is white and blue. Also the area on the packaging that would reveal the hardware has been blurred or redacted by Nintendo.
The leak also suggests the features for Nintendo NX. According to the leak, Nintendo NX will support cartridges, which has been mentioned in many previous rumors and leaks. Also the console will support 4k streaming, and the console is capable of 1080p at 60 fps gaming.
Features and Specs
- Games will be on cartridges
- 4k streaming has been mentioned. – What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
- 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I’ve heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
So what do you think of Nintendo NX might support 4K streaming and will play games at 1080p? Let us know in the comments.