The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Capcom Releases Street Fighter 5 Deletion Tool To Remove Bad Patch
Capcom has decided to release a Street Fighter 5 deletion tool for its PC community in order to remove a recent bad patch. Originally intended to be an anti-cheating patch, many players quickly discovered that it was a security risk, causing Capcom to roll the patch back. But, that’s where the tool comes in.
Many players have managed to delete the offending file from their computers, but that could still leave a lot of players that don’t really know how to work the more in-depth sections of their computer’s filing system. To help in this, Capcom released the Street Fighter 5 deletion tool to help them remove the patch.
In order to use the tool, all you have to do is download the latest Street Fighter 5 update on Steam. You then have to restart your computer, open Steam again, launch the included Street Fighter 5 deletion tool, and then follow these steps:
- Close the Street Fighter V application.
- Please keep the Steam client open. The Street Fighter V game update will begin automatically. Once the update is complete, you will notice 2 batch files have been added to the folder path below. (Please note that the location of the batch files may vary, depending on the users settings)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StreetFighterV\Tools
- Right click on DeleteSFVdriver_en.bat, and select “Run as administrator.”
- If you double click on the tool to run it, the tool will not run.
- DeleteSFVdriver_ja.bat is the same tool with Japanese instructions.
- Follow the instruction prompts.
- The tool will prompt you to restart your PC. Please restart your PC.
- Once your PC has restarted, right click on the DeleteSFVdrive_en.bat and select “Run as administrator”.
- Once the message “Capcom.sys or related registry doesn’t exist. End the program.” is displayed, the files have been deleted.
Capcom also says that you must download the deletion tool from the official update. It’s a .bat file, so if you get it from a third party then you’ll likely have even more trouble than you started with.