In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Ark Survival Evolved Update v739 For Xbox One Updates Native Resolution To 720P Brings New Features
Studio Wildcard has released the first expansion for the Ark Survival Evolved, Scorched Earth for PC and Xbox One. However, the developers has a special treat for the Xbox One users in the form of Ark Survival Evolved update v739.
Ark Survival Evolved update v739 brings new features and some much needed improvements to the game on Xbox One. First of all, the update makes the game to run on native 720p resolution, which might make the game look a lot nicer, as since launch the Xbox One version of the game ran on 1088×612 resolution.
The update also introduces “Primitive+”, which is now the official part of Ark Survival Evolved on Xbox One. The Primitive+ features over 100 new items, weapons, structures, and survival mechanics “oriented towards “primitive” style living — effectively doubling the amount of content within ARK!”.
Newly available as part of the ‘ARK Official Mods Program’ today, Primitive+ is a functionality mod playable on official ARK maps, challenging players to use weapons and tools only made of wood and stone, without the benefit of advanced metals to create weapons such as guns. It’s a whole new set of items and detailed mechanics focused on ‘primitive’ survival, which fits snugly in the world of ARK.
Not only this, Ark Survival Evolved update v739 also includes:
- New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! Be a pro fisherman as you apply varied bait, cast the line, wait for a fish to become ensnared, and then succeed at a mini-game to reel the fish and claim copious rewards!
- New Structure: Industrial Grinder that grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, then converts resources into simpler resources
- New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
- New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it)
- Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
There is more, but for the PC version of Ark Survival Evolved. Studio Wildcard has released the Scorch Earth expansion for PC and Xbox One. However, for PC users the developers has included the support for NVIDIA Ansel with the expansion.
Ark Survival Evolved is an action adventure survival game for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Source: Studio Wildcard