The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Blizzard: World Of Warcraft Console Release Is Not Happening Anytime Soon
World Of Warcraft is one of the most popular MMO in the gaming industry, but like many other MMOS it is only available for PC. However, many MMOs like DC Universe Online, Neverwinter, Final Fantasy XIV did made a jump to the consoles, but it seems like World Of Warcraft console release might never happen.
Speaking with Stevivor, Blizzard’s Chadd Nervig clarified that World Of Warcraft is first and foremost designed for PC.
World of Warcraft is designed, first and foremost, for PC. That’s what we think of when we play WoW, when we think of WoW and where WoW‘s going.
He further said that the team has no plans for the World Of Warcraft console release, but they are always considering new options. He also said that he can’t tell for sure that World Of Warcraft would ever come to consoles.
We don’t have any plans right now to bring it to console but we’re always considering options. “So no promises for the future one way or another; we’ve nothing to announce for that.
In related news, recently Lead game designer, Ion Hazzikostas,revealed that Blizzard has decided to remove the ability for add-ons in World Of Warcraft which tell players where to stand and move in raids. These changes will be applied with Patch 7.1 which is will drop a short while after Legion’s release.
World Of Warcraft Legion patch 7.1 will be titled “Return To Karazhan”, and will feature Burning Crusade raid re-imagined as a five player dungeon.
- Karazhan is central to the story of the Legion and it’s an important place. It’s going to be a 5 player large, epic dungeon – almost a 5 player raid, with 9 bosses. Feedback that players missed dungeons like Blackrock Depths.
- The original Karazhan raid is not going anywhere.
- In addition to Karazhan, there is a small raid between Nightmare and Nighthold, that wraps up the Stormheim storyline.
- Patch 7.1 content also includes new Suramar quests and world content.
- Will hit PTR right after Legion launches.
What do you think of Blizzard not bringing World Of Warcraft to Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Let us know in the comments.