The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Overwatch PTR Patch Makes the Game Much Better
Blizzard has released a new Overwatch PTR Patch that makes many improvements to the game. Overall, Overwatch is now a much better experience.
The PTR Patch is packed with Hero balances and competitive changes. Players will now be assigned to a tier, depending on their skill rating. Meanwhile, Skill rating is now measured on a 1-5000 scale instead of the former 1-100 scale.
Overwatch PTR Patch
- Skill rating is now measured on a 1-5000 scale instead of the former 1-100 scale
- Skill Rating Tiers
Players will now be assigned to a tier, depending on their skill rating
- Bronze – 1-1499
- Silver – 1500-1999
- Gold – 2000-2499
- Platinum – 2500-2999
- Diamond – 3000-3499
- Master – 3500-3999
- Grandmaster – 4000-5000
- In Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond tiers, a player will not drop out of their tier even if their skill rating falls below the cutoff
- In Master and Grandmaster tiers, a player whose skill rating falls below the tier’s minimum
Skill Rating Decay
- Players in Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster tiers that haven’t participated in a competitive match for 7 days will lose skill rating
- Players with a skill rating above 3000 (Diamond tier or higher) will lose 50 rating points every 24 hours, but their rating will not fall below 3000
- Competing in a single match will halt skill rating decay
- Players that haven’t participated in a competitive match for 7 days will immediately drop out of the top 500
- Several refinements have been made to the time bank system for Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- The time bank system has been added to Dorado, Hollywood, King’s Row, Numbani, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Time granted for taking objectives on Dorado, Hanamura, Hollywood, King’s Row, Numbani, Route 66,
- Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar has been reduced from 5 minutes to 4
There were just the highlights of the new update, head over to the official website for the entire changelog.