The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Microsoft Released Xbox One August Update, Brings Cotana And More To Xbox One
Windows 10 anniversary update is scheduled to release on Tuesday, but it seems that Xbox One has got its a bit early. Microsoft has released the Xbox One August update which brings Cortana to new regions, changes to music app and much much more.
Microsoft has detailed the Xbox One August update on their official website. Lets break down all the new features that this update brings to the console.
Lets start with Cortana, which is now available for Xbox One in UK and US. Players now will be able to talk to Cortana through their headset or Kinect. Upon turning your console on just say “Hey Cortana” or launch the Cortana App.
- Talk to Cortana on your Xbox One with your headset or Kinect. To start, just say “Hey Cortana” or launch the Cortana app. If you’re not sure what to say, try “Hey Cortana, what can I say?”
- If you’re using Kinect, turn on your console by saying, “Hey Cortana, Xbox one”.
Xbox One August update brings the Background Music functionality to the console. Music apps will now be able to the played in the background, but only those who support background music. Once the user starts the music, they will be able to play, pause and skip from anywhere.
- Music apps will now be able to play music in the background. In an app that supports background music, just start some music. You’ll be able to switch to other apps and games while the music plays.
- After starting your music: To play, pause, skip, and adjust music volume from anywhere, double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide, choose Multitasking, then select your music controls.
- The app must support background music. An updated Pandora app in the U.S. is the first app to support background music—and more are coming soon.
My games and apps now have a new sorting option, also Ready To Install has its own area so that users can install games that they have purchased but did not installed.
- Your stuff is closer. From Home, move right and select My games & apps.
- In My games & apps, there are new sorting options.
- “Ready to Install” has its own area, so you can quickly find the games and apps you’ve purchased but haven’t installed.
- Game and app updates will show up in their own area, when available.
- The queue area now tells you what’s been recently installed in addition to what’s in your queue.
New language and locations settings are introduced with the Xbox One August update, users are now able to select separately from their system language. However, all languages are not available for all locations.
- You can now choose your location separately from your system language. To change your language and location, double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide, select Settings > All settings, then choose System > Language & location.
- All languages aren’t available for all locations. When you choose a language that isn’t usually associated with your location, most of the system will be in your chosen language, but you may see a mix of languages in areas like Store or online content.
The list of rest of the changes brought by Xbox One August update is below.
Top PC games on Xbox Live
- Top PC games now have game hubs on Xbox Live. Whether you’re on PC, Xbox, or mobile, you’ll see what PC games your friends are playing, share PC game clips and screenshots, and message friends on Xbox Live. On Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, you can join a party chat with your friends no matter what they’re doing.
- Xbox Store and the Windows Store have come together, making the shopping experience more streamlined. From Home, move right to Store to start browsing all content.
- Preorders now get charged closer to game launch instead of at time of purchase. You can also cancel and change your payment option for preorders anytime ataccount.microsoft.com.
- Customers in the U.S., Switzerland, Norway, Italy, Germany, and Finland can now use mobile operator billing to make purchases. Customers in China can now use China Union Pay.
Find Facebook friends
- Find friends from Facebook by linking your Facebook and Xbox Live accounts. In the guide, go to theFriends tab, then choose Friends > Suggestions. Select Find Facebook friends and follow the steps. Your Facebook friends that have done the same will start showing up in your suggestions.
Control automatic sharing
- You can now choose to automatically share your achievements, screenshots, and game clips to your activity feed. To change your sharing settings, go to Settings > Preferences > Activity feed.
So what do you think of the changes and new features introduced through Xbox One August update? Let us know in the comments.