Star Wars Battlefront Skirmish Mode Will Feature Online Co-op, New Details Surface
Star Wars Battlefront Skirmish mode is scheduled to release on July 20th, and new details have emerged regarding the offline mode coming to Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront Skirmish mode allows players to play offline against the bots in solo missions, or the players can team up with other players with split screen. However, that is not all what this mode features, as more details have been revealed about this mode via Reddit.
The most notable details are that Skirmish mode will be available across all of the base maps for both Walker assault and Fight Squadron. Players will be able to play as heroes, however, the AI will not be able to play as hero in Walker Assault. The full list of details is below.
- You can play all base Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron maps as well as the free maps.
- You can’t choose a skin but rebels get randomly generated skins each match (female, male, species), while imperials can only be helmeted stormtroopers. (It isn’t confirmed if Stormtrooper skins will change randomly or not, I have tried confirming on Twitter but can’t seem to get a response).
- You can play as a hero in both modes but the AI cannot play as heroes in Walker Assault but can play as them in Fighter Squadron.
- AI is smart, can disable objectives, shoot AT-ATs and AT-STs, etc.
- AI have star card hands that are capable of multiple tasks, such as fighting an AT-ST with a smart rocket or using ion shot on an AT-AT.
- You will have all weapons in the game to use and can choose from two well balanced star card hands, Endor apparently has a different hand, the third hand can be unlocked by completing Skirmish on Hard mode and allows you to use multiplayer cards. You can use all heroes in Skirmish (including new ones if you own them).
Moreover, DICE Designer David Spinner, while replying to one fan via Twitter, revealed that Star Wars Battlefront Skirmish mode will also feature an online co-op mode.
Star Wars Battlefront is a first person multiplayer shooter developed by DICE for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.