Xbox One Preview Update is Out Now; Cortana Support for Many Regions Dropped
The latest Xbox One preview update is out now. The update addressed Xbox One notification issues. Moreover, users can now opt-out for Cortana Voice Commands if they wish. The build number is rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160711-2017 and it is the final update before the major anniversary update.
Cortana has been in testing for sometime now and Microsoft has gathered plenty of useful data. However, while Cortana will soon be fully integrated in Xbox One, support for many regions is being dropped. According to Microsoft France, Germany, Italy, and Spain is stripped of Cortana. Support was only available in the preview program.
Here are rest of the details.
Xbox One Preview Update
- Notifications This build contains additional fixes to address issues with notifications sometimes failing to appear (including for party invites, game invites, and unlocking achievements). If you encounter any further issues with notifications failing to appear, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
- Blu-Ray Player When watching a video with the Blu-Ray Player, the screen may dim after a short period of inactivity.
- Movies & TV When viewing a video in the Movies & TV app, the progress bar may fail to update when playing, rewinding, or fast forwarding.
Profile • Users are able to select their own Gamertag at no charge once per account. After this you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, any free Gamertag changes will complete successfully. Attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag. • When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
- Cortana • If this is your first time downloading an update which supports Cortana, upon powering on the console, the “Xbox…” legacy voice commands will still be recognized but any actions will fail. Workaround:
- Launch Cortana from My games & apps or Snap Cortana from the Guide.
- Pins If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
- My Games & Apps You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
- Community Calendar Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.
The update is now available to download. You need to log into your Xbox One console to get the update. If your console is in Internet-On mode, it will automatically download the update.