Blizzard is Hiring for an Unannounced Diablo Project, Do you Have What It Takes?
Blizzard Entertainment, the developer behind Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch and many other popular games, is now hiring for a new project. It is a new IP, the game in question is an Unannounced Diablo project and Blizzard is looking for its Game Director.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a game director with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in creative direction, strong ability in system design, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead the Diablo series into the future.
- Be the vision holder for the franchise, setting the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Discuss games with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for international regions.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo games
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing online games, action games, and / or role-playing games
- International game experience
- Higher educational degree
Blizzard released Overwatch recently and is currently busy working on its post-release content. The new Diablo game must be in very early stages of development so we shouldn’t expect any news anytime soon.
What do you think of the new Unannounced Diablo Project? What do you want to see next from Diablo? Let us know in the comments below.