The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Dolphin Emulator Receives Version 5.0 With Tons of Optimizations and Accuracy Improvements
Nintendo Dolphin Emulator has received version 5.0; the creators of the emulator have announced.
Calling it their biggest release yet, Dolphin Emulator 5.0 is being regarded as the fastest Dolphin ever created! According to its creators:
By removing all of those hacks and outdated features while cleaning up the codebase, Dolphin has reached a new level of efficiency, powered by a revitalized dynamic recompiler. On the GPU side, OpenGL and D3D11 have seen tons of optimizations and accuracy improvements, and have been joined by a brand new D3D12 backend for huge performance gains. If there’s a CPU or GPU extension that can make Dolphin faster, we take advantage of it.
The emulator essentially requires users to have dump files of the video games that they wish to play on the emulator. However, do note that the creators of the emulator have a strong stance against online piracy. You can check out their extensive FAQs for more information:
To prevent legal issues, this includes gray areas like downloading games which you purchased earlier. You don’t necessarily need to own a gaming console by yourself because you can buy a game disc and dump them with a friend’s console.
The developers have also provided minimum system requirements that you will need in order to run Dolphin Emulator smoothly:
- 64-bit CPUs and Operating Systems are required.
- Windows XP is no longer supported. Windows Vista is no longer officially supported.
- Direct3D10/OpenGL3 Required. This means AMD Radeon 4xxx, NVIDIA GeForce 8xxx, or Intel HD 2xxx minimum! Anything older than that will most likely not work or will have significant glitches.
Moreover, some of the changes that are being introduced with Dolphin 5.0 version include:
- Texture Environment Fixes
- ZFreeze Support
- Better and Faster CPU Emulation
- 3D Stereoscopic Output
- Full ES Launcher Support
- Revamped Netplay
- Audio Rewrites and Advancements
- Override Emulated CPU Clock
- Expanded Native Controller Support
- Video Output Emulation
- Improved Audio and Video Dumping
- Line-Width and Point-Size Fixes
- Exclusive Fullscreen Support
- Memory Card Folder Support
- Vertex Loader JT
- EFB Copy to Texture Enhancements
- More Accurate Disc Timings
You can head over to Dolphin official website for more details and to download it.