The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Overwatch Patch Notes From PTR Give A Glimpse of Upcoming Changes in the Pipeline
Like we reported to you a few days ago, Blizzard Entertainment has been working on the official Overwatch PTR, and now, the first Overwatch patch notes have been pushed out of the public test region.
Blizzard Entertainment has decided to use the first PTR update to test the much wanted competitive play feature of the game, that users will be able to access after touching level 25 – the Overwatch patch notes for the update have also been shared.
With your first 10 placement matches and the new skill rating, you will get into matchmaking for a “more serious experience” through the season that will last two and a half months.
The changes made by the developers in the public test region update include some UI changes, tweaks to the maps to make them balanced, a new sudden death mechanic, inclusion of severer penalties, and a host of other changes and bug fixes that are listed below.
Overwatch Patch Notes From First PTR Update
- Players can now swap the left and right sticks on a control pad
- “Legacy” controls option has been added:
- Left stick up/down moves forward/backward
- Left stick left/right turns left/right
- Right stick up/down aims up/down (these can be inverted)
- Right stick left/right strafes left/right
- Sticks can also be switched
- Improved dead-zone controls, giving players increased accuracy during off-center and diagonal stick movement
- When activating Widowmaker’s Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, her voice line will now be audible map-wide
- “Weapons” section added to the Hero Gallery
- Added McCree as an AI hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
- Added a variety of a social options to the hero selection and end of match screens
- Removed the “Avoid This Player” option from the in-game UI
- Fixed a bug that would cause players’ weapons to auto-snap straight up or down when the crosshair was aimed between 85 and 90 degrees
- Fixed a bug that caused players who backfilled and then completed a game to sometimes receive a loss on their Career Profile and not receive their XP bonus for backfilling
- Fixed a bug that would move players toward the source of a knockback rather than away from it
- Fixed a bug that caused Hearthstone-themed sprays to ignore localization
- Fixed several framerate issues that could occur when cycling through the hero selection menu
- Fixed a variety of issues with and made several improvements to ambient lighting
- Made some improvements to how AI heroes respond to one another
- Made a variety of performance and optimization improvements across the game
- Unicode keys for non-English keyboards are now displayed properly in the keybinding interface
- Players can no longer be resurrected in out-of-play areas on Ilios
- Fixed a bug with the “Junkrat RIP-Tire Kills—Average” lifetime statistic
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause projectiles to hit Reinhardt instead of his Barrier Field in non-High Bandwidth games
- Fixed a bug that allowed Torbjörn to pick up Scrap while dead
For a more detailed account of the removal of the Avoid This Player feature, check out our story here.
We will regularly report on Overwatch patch notes from future PTR updates, so keep tabs here.