This is Why Destiny Rise of Iron Won’t Release on PS3 and Xbox 360

By   /   Jun 10, 2016
Destiny Rise of Iron

When Destiny Rise of Iron was originally leaked, it accompanied a sad news for the PS3 and Xbox 360 users: that the expansion might not release on their consoles. This was later confirmed by Bungie themselves, and now, they have also explained the lack of love for last generation users.

The community manager at Bungie, Eric “Urk” Osborne was recently discussing the reasons why this is the case.

The problem is that in order to let Rise of Iron run on the older consoles, some of the stuff will have to be taken away from the game, some major changes will have to be incorporated which would mean that fans on Xbox 360 and PS3 who paid for the base game might not be able to experience even that.

In order to add new content at this time, and especially on the scale and scope of Rise of Iron, we would have to take away from those older consoles, you would have to lose something. We still wanna make sure that people playing on legacy consoles still have all the content that they paid for to date.

So basically it is a tradeoff between making this as much of a major release as Bungie has promised or being able to release it on all the platforms.

So while the developers want to get “you new content that it’s worthy of the title of expansion, new raid, new stories, cinematics, characters and places,” they also don’t want to destroy the lat gen versions in the process.

Alright that does make sense, but hey there is another reason too. Osborne has also revealed that 90 percent of their player base is now on PS4 and Xbox One. Why would they even develop something for the remaining 10 percent?

No I am not saying that, that is one of the reasons Osborne gave for not releasing Destiny Rise of Iron on PS3 and Xbox 360, saying “the overwhelming majority of our player base is now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Around 90%.”

What do you make of that, folks?

Featured Videos

Hot Right Now

AMD Ryzen CPU

The AMD Ryzen CPU Hits The Right Marks, Just Needs Right Price

The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...

by   /   Dec 15, 2016
Death Stranding leak

New Death Stranding Leak Revealed The Name Of Norman Reedus’ Character

Hideo Kojima rocked the internet with the reveal of Death Stranding trailer at The Game Awards...

by   /   Dec 15, 2016
Video Game Remasters

Untold Stories of Video Game Remasters – the Good, Bad, and Ugly

In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...

by   /   Sep 9, 2016
Video Game Villains

Top 10 Invincible Video Game Villains Who Just Won’t Die, No Matter What

We all are accustomed with video game villains and the story usually concludes with the fall of...

by   /   Aug 18, 2016
Panasonic 3DO

Top-10 Retro Consoles You Never Knew Existed

Video gaming has come a long way! While we are well-acquainted with the likes of Xbox Scorpio and...

by   /   Aug 17, 2016
Load More