Sony is Looking for a Programmer for Its “Next Generation Gaming System,” PS4K/PS4 Neo?
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a skilled Video Game programmer for its “next generation gaming system.” The use of this term is very interesting as it potentially points to the rumored existence of PS4K aka PS NEO.
Sony is looking for a program that will help “in developing a game used for R&D purposes related to our next generation gaming system.”
Sony PS4K has been in the news for a while now and many credible source have assured the community that we will hear news of a new machine soon. This new machine will live alongside Sony’s current-gen gaming platform, PlayStation 4. Rumors say that it is a very powerful machine.
Sony won’t be releasing games for PS4K exclusively and it will only upscale current titles to 4K. One of the reasons of working on a new machine is believed to be PlayStation VR. More powerful hardware can boost user’s VR experience but this move may put off many of Sony’s current PS4 user base.
One of the major concerns the community has regarding PS4K is lack of dev support. Colin Moriarty from Kinda Funny Games once mentioned that many of the devs aren’t happy about Sony releasing a new machine but that isn’t really the case with some leading publishers.
Take-Two recently commented on the rumors and said the company isn’t worried about the new machine. EA said the same and we can assume that creating games for PS4K and PS4 at the same time means creating different graphical settings, just like on PC.
- Contribute to the development of technology, systems and tools used in game development, including: game logic, behaviors, animations, motion systems, mini-games, physics systems, collision systems, rendering, particle effects, entities systems, camera logic, and sound to name a few
- Manage communication and enable early identification of issues
- Collaborate and develop aspects of a specified game-play experience
- Provide technical vision
- Ensure goals are met with a clear understanding of project milestones
- Communicate updates and/or concerns to leadership
E3 is right around the corner, Sony is hosting a press event so we are expecting to hear about the new machine during the event.