Nvidia GTX 1080 Reviews Roundup: “An Astounding Generational Leap”
With Nvidia officially revealing the GTX 1080, a number of reviewers have taken the latest graphics card to task, as a result we have at hand a number of Nvidia GTX 1080 reviews filling us in on what this beast of a card manages and what it misses.
In general, the GPU has been called badass, an astounding generational leap forward, an insane powerhouse and whatnot. However, we will do a review roundup here so that you can get everything in one place.
Needless to say, everyone was super excited about the Pascal architecture being introduced and moving on from the 28nm die has also been a pleasantry.
With potential of higher overclocking, a lot faster speed, it manages to give us insane competition even when you pit it against the best competitors out there.
Nvidia GTX 1080 Reviews Roundup
- PC World: “This beast is badass,” they wrote. “[T]he new GeForce GTX 1080 surges ahead by a whopping 70-plus percent in every game tested. That’s crazy. The entire time I was testing this monster, I felt like David Bowman at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey, staring wide-eyed into a new world full of stars. Moving on from 28nm GPUs is every bit as wonderful as gamers had hoped, and the GTX 1080 is everything Nvidia promised and more.”
- Forbes: “[T]he GTX 1080 isn’t just an iterative improvement that makes you question whether or not the price-to-performance ratio justifies a purchase,” their review wrote. “It’s one hell of a part, and an astounding generational leap forward.”
- TweakTown: “NVIDIA has absolutely blown the doors off of the GPU game with the GeForce GTX 1080. This is the card you’ve been waiting for…”
- HardOCP: “It performs amazingly, it’s power efficient, there’s potential for higher clocks, and it is feature rich. And the GTX 1080 is not just a little faster than yesterday’s flagship GPUs, it is a lot faster.
- Polygon: “The Founder’s Edition of the GTX 1080 graphics card is just as beautiful on the outside as it is in its Pascal-powered guts. If you’re picking up a new card, this is the one you should buy.”
- Engadget: “After testing it out over the past week, I can say the 1080 is clearly something special. It’s not just an incremental upgrade for NVIDIA: It’s a dramatic leap forward.”
- PC Perspective: “[T]he GeForce GTX 1080 clearly sits alone at the top of the GPU world.”
- NeoSeeker: “The beast offers insane levels of performance, even when compared to cards that are at the top of the food chain of the previous generation. “Those who usually go for the latest and greatest will want this card.”
- Forbes: “The GTX 1080 is an absolutely amazing enthusiast GPU from virtually any angle you look at it.”
Got something to add to the Nvidia GTX 1080 reviews roundup?