Fallout 4 Patch 1.5 is Now Public – Adds Far Harbor Support, Survival Mode, and Optimizations
Bethesda has announced that starting today Fallout 4 patch 1.5 is public for everyone on Steam.
In addition to providing support for the upcoming Fallout 4 DLC Far Harbor and several gameplay optimizations, Fallout 4 patch 1.5 also brings revamped Survival Mode based on beta feedback.
Fallout 4 Patch 1.5
Aside from this, Bethesda has also announced that Fallout 4 Creation Kit and Bethesda.Net Mods are still in open beta on PC – the beta will be available on Xbox One in May and on Playstation 4 in June. You can read out the entire Patch Notes, courtesy of Bethesda:
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Fallout 4 is now available on PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.