Far Cry Primal Update Adds Survival Mode and More Fun
Few weeks ago Ubisoft announced that a new update will be made available for on April 12 to add some features to the game. Well Ubisoft have made good on their promise and the Far Cry Primal update is available on all platforms. As already announced, this new Far Cry Primal update adds Survival mode to the game which will put players to test with some additional features like stamina bar and permadeath.
The Far Cry Primal Update also includes support for Ultra HD Textures for PC which will be made available after as a free DLC pack.
Far Cry Primal update adds Survival mode which is the most significant feature. As I mentioned earlier adds adds a stamina bar. Now almost all actions require stamina and the stamina bar will deplete slowly or fast depending on the action.
Now, fast travel and manual heal consume stamina. Stamina depletes faster when walking/running/being in combat. Low stamina slows down movement and health regeneration. At 0 stamina, manual heal and fast travel are disabled.
The update adds permadeath for the tamed beasts. If the the tamed beast dies you have to find a new one, this also applies to the legendary beasts. Beast riding fatigue is also introduced, after some continuous riding the beast will start taking damage.
To tame the beasts like Sabertooth Tigers, Brown Bears and Cave Bears you have to inflict them serious damage.
Full list of features added by the update is below.
- Far Cry Primal update adds Survival mode to he game.
- Available in New Gameplay Options when starting a New Game.
- New – Stamina Bar added.
- Stamina depletes slowly during gameplay.
- Stamina depletes faster when walking/running/being in combat.
- Fast travel consumes stamina.
- Stamina can be regenerated by sleeping and eating food recipes.
- Manual heal and fast travel costs stamina.
- Low stamina slows down movement and health regen. At 0 stamina, manual heal and fast travel are disabled.
- New – Permadeath for Tamed Beasts.
- If a Beast dies, the player must find and tame a new one.
- This also applies to Legendary Beasts, they can never be found again if they die.
- Skinning a Beast after they die gives you a skin.
- New – Beast riding fatigue introduced – After some time of continuous riding, mounted Beast will start taking damage.
- In order to activate the taming option for Sabretooth Tigers, Brown Bears and Cave Bears, you must first inflict them serious damage.
- Non-legendary tamed Beasts health has been reduced.
- Owl attacks and bomb drops have been disabled.
- Less natural resources are available in the world and less are looted when gathering.
- Less daily resources added to the Reward Stash from Wenja population level.
- Resources in the Reward Stash can only be withdrawn at the Village StashRequirements for rare animal skins have been reduced when upgrading huts.
- Night lasts longer and is darker.
- Campfire Fast Travel points are no longer unlocked by default when claiming a bonfire.
- XP Curve has been adjusted to be more progressive.
- Certain “over-powered” skills have been removed.
- Effects of other skills have been re-balanced.
- Skill points cost has been rebalanced.
- Bow tension added requiring players to pull back the arrow all the way to get maximum impact.
- Weapon durability has been tweaked to be more realistic when thrown weapons hit hard or soft surfaces.
- Weapons are consumed more quickly by fire.
- Less slow-motion effect from the Weapon Wheel, Food Grid and Beast Grid.
- Crafting ammo in the Weapon Wheel now requires a hold to craft.
- Most bag capacity has been reduced.
- Player’s health regen speed has been reduced.
- Some healing recipes now require red leaves in addition to green leaves.
- Cold depletion rate has been increased.
- Fully upgraded Winter Clothes no longer offer total protection from the cold.
- Weapons on fire will extinguish when swapping between weapons (Expert difficulty only).
- Fast Travel now costs Stamina and Meat, proportionally to distance.
- Mini-map has been removed.
- Shaders on tagged enemies have been removed.
- Several UI options have been set to off by default to increase immersion, (but can be re-enabled).
- Hunter Vision duration has been set to 20s be default (duration can now be modified in the settings).
- Fog of war reveal radius has been reduced.
- Can only Save & Quit when not in Combat.
- Game difficulty cannot be changed once started in Survivor Mode with Permadeath.
- Enemies are more reactive and aggressive in combat.
- Wildlife detects you more easily.
- Blood trails from wounded animals are harder to track.
- Reduced overall animal density during the day, and increased density of predators at night.
- Reduced human density and frequency of Wenja events.
- Wenja fighters are less resilient.
- Predators no longer show up in Hunter Vision unless they are aggressive toward the player, dead or a Tamed Beast.
- Reduced health for Legendary Beasts, Batari and Ull.
NEW – Permadeath
- Available in New Gameplay Options when starting a New Game with Survivor Mode turned On.
- Three Options Available – Off, On, Second Chance.
- Off – You respawn when you die.
- On – The game is over when you die.
- Second Chance – You only respawn if you completed enough of the game since your last death, (every 3% as depicted in the player’s overall progress).
- Failing during Tensay’s Vision missions does not count as dying. (You’re dreaming after all).
Stability and Performance
- Fixed an issue where player could lose their inventory when swapping weapons in specific conditions.
- Fixed some specific, low occurrence crashes.
- New Option in Gameplay Menu – Hunter Vision Duration – Can toggle the duration of Hunter Vision (Default/20s/30s/Infinite).
- New Option in the Interface Menu – Hide the bow reticle unless you are aiming or holding the bow ready.
- Fixed melee damage resistance skill also affecting ranged damage.
- Increased critical health in hard/expert difficulty modes.
Lighting and FX
- Fixed a lighting issue on bodies of water that would cause color to briefly change when exiting caves.
- Minor fixes to clipping issues.
Wildlife and AI
- Various bug fixes.
- Fixed a grapple location north of Tushwarha Outpost that would cause the player to fall to his death when trying to climb down.
- Fixed an issue where players could exit the map in the mission – Vision of Ice.
- Fixed an issue where players could exit the map in Shayu’s Cave.
- Fixed a couple issues where players could get stuck in the Dangu Cave.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in an infinite death loop after completing the mission – Into Udam Land.
- Fixed some resources that would cause the player to become stuck in the map when gathering them.
- Fixed an issue where Bite Fish weren’t spawning in certain locations on the map.
- Fixed an issue where player could get stuck in the falling obelisk outside of the Batari’s Temple in the Izila Homeland.
- Fixed an issue that would cause one of the life bars to flicker in specific conditions.
- Fixed an issue where a “Location Discovered” prompt would remain on screen during cut-scenes in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where some icons remained on screen when using the “Turn All Off” option in the Interface menu.
- NEW – Ultra-HD texture pack.
- Add option to turn off mouse deadzones.
- Interface and input tweaks.
- Various minor bug fixes.