PS4 Update 3.50 Comes Out Tomorrow; All Changes Revealed
Sony Computer Entertainment is releasing the PS4 Update 3.50 tomorrow and it is all set to bring a host of changes to the console. In order to fill you in on everything that is being added or changed, here we are with everything you need to know.
The update brings you a number of previously announced features as well as some unannounced ones. Do keep in mind that this is the same system software update that has allegedly made some backend changes to the console related to the PlayStation VR.
Some of the highlights of the update include the introduction of friend online notifications, the ability to appear offline, the Play Together feature, and more.
PS4 Update 3.50 Goes Out Tomorrow, All Changes Detailed
- Appear Offline: On your Profile tab, Quick Menu and login screen, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’
- Friend Online Notification: To receive notifications, access your Friends profile, press Options, and select ‘Notify When Online.’
- User Scheduled Event: On the Events tab, just select ‘Create Event,’ and you’ll be able to make an invitation for an upcoming gameplay session.
- Play Together: This feature allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Remote Play: With this update, we’re expanding PS4’s Remote Play capabilities to work with PC and Mac giving you more freedom and flexibility to play your PS4.
- Broadcast: You now have the option to broadcast to Dailymotion.
- Social Improvements: Share your friends’ best moments to your feed for everyone to see.
- PSN Status: To quickly check the status of the PlayStation Network Services, you can view this via Settings > Network.
- Teen Account Creation: Teens (aged 13 – 17 years) can now create their own account.
- PlayStation Plus Hub: Plus members can now enjoy easy access and management of their online storage.
Other than the changes that PS4 update 3.50 makes to the console, the PlayStation App id also getting updated with features like User Scheduled Events, Dailymotion, and a feature through which “other players’ shared activities appear in your activities.”
Check out the video above for a more detailed look at the update.