In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Rumor: Pokemon GO Starts With 151 Original Pokemon
Data miners have ripped through Pokemon GO field test files and gave us a few details about the upcoming game. According to this leaked information, the next Pokemon game will begin with the original 151 Pokemon.
Pokemon are classed into normal, legendary, and mythic. In the field test, however, you will have 232 moves, 95 of which are ‘quick’ moves. Moreover, there are 52 unique combinations of Trainer skins.
- All Pokemon types, including Fairy, Dark, and Steel, are included in the files.
- Evolution works by collecting “evolution shards” from wild Pokemon to get “evolution stones”. May or may not be unique for each Pokemon.
- The game keeps track of several factors like Ingress, including distance walked, eggs hatched, etc. This might affect, say, egg-hatching.
- There will be trainer customization. Example skin. There are in total 52 items (23,328 unique combinations)
- A variable related to the PokeNav has been found.
- IAPs spotted include “ball”, “medicine”, “food” bundles and “gem” packs. There are 4 tiers.
- Items include Pokeballs, Potions, Max Revive, 3 battle items, and 5 types of Berries (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Pinap, Wepear). All these berries are introduced in Gen III, and they have no battle effects in the main game. Separated into 6 categories:Pokeball, Food(berries?), Medicine, Boost, Utilities, Camera.
- The trainer level cap seems to be at 50 for now. Inventory limit is 1000 for items, and 500 for Pokemon and eggs.
- The menu includes the Pokedex, Pokemon, and Items. Game engine is built on Unity.
- The teams are blue, red, and yellow.
- DAMAGE variables are included in the files. Also: “PokemonAttack baseDef indivDef PokemonDefense”. CPs seem to be unique to each individual Pokemon, and higher CP means a harder catch. Most likely stands for “Combat Points”.
- A variable called “Gym Points” was found. No idea what this means.
- Biomes (courtesy of /u/DonniesCatch) can be found, including locations like “Train Station” or “Hospital”. Separate biomes seem to have different backgrounds for Pokemon encounters/gym battles. Bonus pic.
- From the game map screenshots, there seem to be a day-night cycle.
Head over to Reddit to see more datamined information.