Street Fighter 5 Update 1.02 Detailed, Releases Today
The latest Street Fighter 5 update will go live today on Playstation 4 and PC following a seven-hour maintenance period. This will last from 10am PT – 5pm PT today (March 28) and the update will download automatically after booting the game once this maintenance ends.
As reported a few days ago, the first March update is introducing the Challenge mode, as well as a host of fixes, improvements and changes that can all be seen below. The next Street Fighter 5 update will release on March 30.
Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter 5 through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
Online Rematch Option
- Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.
Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Sometimes you don’t get EXP from casual matches
- On a rare occurrence, if you restart the game after you unlock colors, the colors you unlocked will disappear
Throw Escape Change
- If you push buttons during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to escape throws for 2 frames: Prevents using light attacks to option select with throw escapes.
- If you execute specific special moves during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to immediately escape throws. Each characters V-skills, V-triggers, V-reversals, critical arts, and moves have been set individually: Prevents throw escape option selects involving specific moves such as Shoryuken, etc.
There’s also balancing and fixes for V-Trigger issues with Vega, M.Bison, Rashid, and Chun-Li; and a change to all characters except Birdie and Zangief where vertical jump and back jump frames have gone from 3f to 4f.
If you’re struggling online in Street Fighter V then check out our ten tips to excel against everyone and you’ll be the brawler everyone will fear in no time.