In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
“Skull Canyon”, The Newest NUC Features Intel Iris Pro Graphics
Intel’s new PC, “Skull Canyon”, has finally made its official debut at the Game Developer’s Conference in San Diego, after teasing the internet with it since January.
Skull Canyon is the latest in Intel’s NCU (Next Unit of Computing) group of personal computers. While it isn’t a full-sized PC, the Skull Canyon will be based on a Skylake H-Series CPU. At GDC, the computer’s dimensions were finally revealed.
The Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) will come in at 216mm x 116mm x 23mm, with the volume coming in at just 0.69L. For comparison, the Skylake NUC6i5SYK (non-2.5″ drive version) comes in at 115mm x 111mm x 32mm (0.41L), while NUC6i5SYH (2.5″ drive bay-enabled) one is 115mm x 111mm x 48mm (0.61L).
The rest is as following
- Intel NUC6i7KYK (Skull Canyon) Specifications
- Processor Intel Core i7-6770HQ
- Skylake, 4C/8T, 2.6 GHz (Turbo to 3.5 GHz), 14nm, 6MB L2, 45W TDP
- Memory 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM (2133+ MHz)
- Graphics Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 (Skylake-H GT4+4e with 128MB eDRAM)
- Disk Drive(s) Dual M.2 (SATA3 / PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe / AHCI SSDs)
- Networking Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 (2×2 802.11ac – 867 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.2)
- Intel I-219V Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio 3.5mm Audio Jack (Headphone / Microphone)
- Capable of 5.1/7.1 digital output with HD audio bitstreaming (HDMI)
- Miscellaneous I/O Ports 1x Thunderbolt 3 / USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
- 4x USB 3.0 (incl. one charging port)
- 1x SDXC (UHS-I)
- 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x mini-DP 1.2
- Consumer Infrared Sensor
- Operating System Barebones
- Pricing $650 (Barebones)
- $999 (Typical build with 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD and Windows 10)
- Fact Sheet Intel NUC6i7KYK GDC Fact Sheet (PDF)
The Skull Canyon will be available for $650, and will be releasing this May. However, there is another version as said above, which will cost a thousand dollars and includes better hardware and Windows 10. It’ll most likely give the PC master race a good way to make their rigs even more powerful, if they’re into that sort of thing.