In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
My Nintendo Reward Scheme Detailed, Miitomo and Free Games Incoming
The new My Nintendo reward scheme is a new customer loyalty programme from Nintendo that will allow you to earn points that can be spent on games and add-ons. Points can be acquired using various methods from simply buying games to playing on the new smartphone app, Miitomo.
For everything you need to know about the service take a look here.
Miitomo released in Japan today and is a companion app that allows you to connect your Mii with your friends.
Nintendo Life have created a guide on how to adjust your phone’s settings to access the app early (thanks to Eurogamer for pointing this out) if you are eager to get started, but the app will release later this month for everyone else so check out the trailer for Miitomo below:
Setting up your Nintendo account, using Miitomo and buying games will all score you points of either gold or platinum. Below is a chart showcasing what each action will earn you, with interactions on Miitomo and your Nintendo account seemingly worth much more than purchasing games:
These points can be spent on various rewards as mentioned, all of which so far are listed below as part of the My Nintendo Reward Scheme:
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U) – 320 Gold Points
- Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U) – 85 Gold Points
- My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS) – 1000 Platinum Points
- New Super Luigi U (Wii U) – 240 Gold Points
- Pikmin 3 Map Pack 2: Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10 (Wii U) – 30 Gold Points
- Super Mario 64 (Wii U) – 120 Gold Points
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS) – 50 Gold Points
- Super Punch-Out! (Wii U) – 100 Gold Points
- WarioWare: Touched! (3DS) – 1000 Platinum Points
- 20% off of Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) – 600 Platinum Points
- 20% off of Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (3DS) – 230 Platinum Points
- 20% off of Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 950 Platinum Points
- 20% off of New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) – 750 Platinum Points
- 40% off of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS) – 130 Gold Points
- 40% off of New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) – 160 Gold Points
- 40% off of Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) – 105 Gold Points
- 50% off of Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS) – 50 Gold Points
- 50% off of Metroid: Other M (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points
- 50% off of Super Mario Galaxy (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points
You will notice that My Nintendo Picross The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is mentioned, which was previously leaked and is now seemingly confirmed.