In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Hearthstone Patch 4.2.0 is Live; Paladin Hero, Deck Slots and Fixes
While the biggest news for this one is that Whispers of The Old Gods has been confirmed as the next expansion, we have a new patch as well. The Hearthstone patch 4.2.0 is now live and brings you a host of fixes alongside a number of additions.
Let’s talk additions first. The card based game now has a new Paladin hero named Lady Liadrin who can be acquired through “an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.” You can also preorder the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion.
There also are new Tavern Brawl Cards including Annoy-o-Tron Fanclub, Annoy-o-Tron Prime, City of Stormwind, and Nefarian, and some new card backs that include one dedicated to Blizzard’s upcoming new IP Overwatch.
Other than that, the Hearthstone now has support for Thai locals and a number of changes to the UI and the Collection Manager. All this comes in addition to a list of bug fixes.
Hearthstone Patch 4.2.0 Notes
- Pre-purchase Whispers of the Old Gods
- Pre-purchase a “Whispers of the Old Gods” 50 card pack bundle from the in-game shop and unlock a special card back. Whispers of the Old Gods packs cannot be opened until the expansion launches, which will be before May 31, 2016, however, the card back is available immediately!
- Unlock up to 18 deck slots!
- Gain access to 9 additional deck slots by unlocking all nine Hearthstone Heroes, bringing your total number of deck slots to 18.
- If you’ve already unlocked all nine Heroes, your new deck slots are waiting for you in the Collection Manager: just delete or edit the Basic decks you’ll find in your deck list.
- Many improvements have been made to the Collection Manager.
- Deck Recipes are now available in the Collection Manager. Use Deck Recipes to quickly experiment with some new deck ideas.
- Right-clicking on card backs in the Collection Manager reveals an improved display. So fancy!
- When building decks, the “Suggest a Card” feature is now smarter about its recommendations.
- It is now possible to search for cards with new search terms, including Attack, Health, Cost, Golden, etc.
- A more complete listing of all the new functions will be revealed in an upcoming blog.
- We have begun preparing for the arrival of Standard and Wild formats with new UI elements.
- The following Hero portrait has been added:
- Liadrin – The new Paladin hero is obtained through an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.
- Hearthstone has been localized into Thai. Players around the globe can now enjoy Hearthstone in 14 different languages!
- The following card backs have been added:
- Hogger – Acquired at the end of the month by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of March 2016.
- Eyes of C’Thun – Acquired by pre-purchasing Whispers of the Old Gods.
- Overwatch – Acquired by purchasing the Overwatch: Origins Edition.
- Bonuses provided by Enrage effects now work correctly after a minion’s Attack and Health values have been swapped.
- [iPads with iOS 9.0.2+] Resolved an issue that could cause Hearthstone to crash when launched with the device held in certain orientations.
- [Android] Resolved visual issues that could occur with the League of Explorer’s card back and after League of Explorer matches on Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge+ devices.
- Resolved various issues with AI behavior and gameplay.
- Fixed various audio, graphical, and UI issues.
Did Blizzard miss out on something in the Hearthstone patch 4.2.0? Tell us in the comments below.