Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Patch Adds DX 12, NVIDIA VXAO Ambient Occlusion, Available Now
The PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider has received its fifth new patch today. The update is designed to improve the visuals greatly for everyone as well as improve the overall performance on specific systems. The patch will install automatically when you next boot up the game through Steam.
Here are the details of the new Rise of the Tomb Raider PC patch 1.0.638.6:
- Added support for DirectX 12
- DirectX 12 is a new advanced graphics API that on the right hardware can offer far better performance.
- For the best DX12 performance and stability please install the latest drivers for your GPU.
- For NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/99512/en-us
- For AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson_Edition_16.3.aspx
- Adds NVIDIA VXAO Ambient Occlusion technology. This is the world’s most advanced real-time AO solution, specifically developed for NVIDIA Maxwell hardware. (Steam Only)
- Added a new benchmark feature to allow easy comparison of performance on different systems, as well as at different graphics settings.
- Fixed some HBAO+ and other Ambient Occlusion issues.
- Fixed motion blur problems in Stereoscopic 3D mode.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
For details on all the previous patches, as well as any problems you may be having with the game take a look at the Steam page for the gamor alternatively you can look here and here for the latest two patches.
Rise of the Tomb Raider is already a beautiful game, both on Xbox One and PC. These updates to the PC version will further push your machine to achieve an even more eye-popping experience. A lot of the more technical changes may not affect every player, but it’s satisfying to know that Crystal Dynamics are consistently updating Lara’s latest adventure, with this being the fifth patch to Rise of the Tomb Raider in the six weeks since release on PC.