In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
The Division Gear Leveling is Like Destiny’s Light System, Will It Have the Same Problems?
Whether the game is simply being compared with Destiny, or people are saying that The Division is a Destiny killer, there have always been similarities between the two games – good and bad. This time, it is The Division gear leveling system that has alerted some of the ears, especially those who are worrying that it could have similar problems too.
Let me explain, the recent mega leaks that came through a data mining effort also revealed that the game is going to have a Gear Score system which is going to be similar to Destiny’s Light System.
According to the datamined files, The Division Gear Leveling system is going to be used “to gauge your chances against high end content and display your prowess in the Dark Zone,” among other things (read the features below) which make it sound awfully like Destiny.
Well, before you jump on me, I know that Bungie did not invent the Gear Score system and it has been there in WOW before this, but we also know that Destiny and The Division are similar on a number of fronts (their content and rewards strategy is apparently similar too).
Now, with Destiny’s Light System people have complained about a number of things, the first being that when you are talking about certain content at a certain level of Light, the content would appear to be unworthy at that level.
Moving on, you could get kicked because there are people at a different Light level, find someone with higher levels and you won’t even bother going up against them.
While this brings a way to find groups you would do well with and to take on challenges properly, there are people who might point out to the problems.
If you are interested in figuring out what the Gear Score system is going to be like, here are some of its highlights.
The Division Gear Leveling System
- Compare the Gear Score of the most powerful items in the game to know which one is the best. Increase your average Gear Score to gauge your chances against high end content and display your prowess in the Dark Zone.
- Every non-vanity gear piece that can be found when your agent is level 30 has a Gear Score value. The higher an item’s Gear Score, the stronger the item.
- The overall Gear Score of your agent can be seen in your main menu next to your player level. Gear Score indicates the advancement of an agent.
- Other agents’ Gear Scores are displayed next to their health bars.
- Improving your gear and increasing your overall Gear Score will grant your agent access to the most dangerous high end challenges. Your Average Gear Score can be found in the main menu and is visible to other players. It is the average value of all equipped gear pieces.
So tell us folks, what do you think of The Division Gear Leveling system?