More PS4 Update 3.50 Unannounced Features Leaked
It was announced yesterday that PS4 update 3.50 (codenamed Musashi) was going into beta, a bunch of interesting new features were also shared by Sony Computer Entertainment but they did not tell us everything.
This has been revealed through a list of unannounced features that has been leaked online. These new features were actually revealed to the users who have been accepted for the beta testing phase, and someone decided to go public with them.
All this has gone on despite the testing phase being a closed beta for which the beta testers have been advised confidentiality. However, these details came out through a screenshot that was taken off of the console alongside some other screenshots that we have added below.
- You can now send event or party invitations to groups or communities.
- You can now share other players’ activities. In [What’s New], for example, select an activity to share and then select (Share Activity).
- Depending on the content, verified account are now displayed on the content info screen so that you can follow the accounts more easily.
- PlayStation Network service status can now be checked by selecting (Settings) > (Network) > (View Status of PlayStation Network Services).
- Notification messages are no longer displayed when Friends join parties. You can change the setting in (Settings) > (Notifications) > (When Friends Join a Party).
- All users of a certain age or older can now play games offline by creating a sub account, even without a master account holder’s permission. Use of all features normally available to sub account users requires a master account holder to sign in to PlayStation Network and approve use of the features.
- More features now support accessibility
Do keep in mind that contents of any beta test are not confirmed for the final product, whether or not the PS4 update 3.50 is going to have all these features in the public release is yet to be seen.