The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Minecraft Update 1.9 Makes Combat Interesting, New Toys for the Battles
Minecraft update 1.9 makes combat interesting, with lots of new fighting additions to the game. For those looking for even more adventure to the game, this may be the time to get interested.
Mojang have revealed the latest combat update to the game, that gives “Steve” lots of new toys to play with. The long list includes plenty of items with which to build things too:
- Added shields
- Attacking now has a “cool-down” delay, making it more important to time your attacks
- You can now hold items in both hands (default quick key to swap items is ‘F’)
- Swords have a special sweep attack
- Axes have a special crushing blow attack
- Added the elytra
- New mob: Shulker
- Expanded The End
- Added Chorus plants
- New Purpur blocks
- New End Rod block
- Added dragon head block
- Ender Dragon can be resummoned
- Added beetroot and beetroot soup (from Minecraft: Pocket Edition)
- Added grass path block
- Added igloos
- Armor protection values have been lowered
- Added tipped arrows
- Added spectral arrows
- Added Frost Walker enchantment and frosted ice block
- Added a whole bunch of new sound effects
- Added sound effect subtitles
- Brewing Stand now requires Blaze Powder to activate
- Added skeleton riders
- We believe we’ve fixed MC-10 and a whole bunch of other issues
- Removed Herobrine
Mojang has said that the combat mechanics, and Minecraft update 1.9 makes combat interesting, or that is the promise at least. We’ll have to see what that means when we get into the game itself. For the constructors out there, you can see from the list of new items there are plenty of construction items too.
Does Minecraft update 1.9 makes combat interesting? Let us know in the comments section below.