In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Overwatch Beta Patch Concentrates on Character Balancing
The latest Overwatch Beta Patch has been released to players and looks to add balancing to the game. This will be something that happens a lot while the game goes through its testing process.
The patch notes that were released yesterday provide details of the changes made to the balancing:
- Configuration: Recon
- Maximum weapon spread decreased by 25%
- Configuration: Sentry
- No longer gains any armor bonus
- All changes to bullet damage made in our February 9 beta patch have been reverted
- D.Va’s mech is no longer move- or aim-locked after being called down
- Ultimate charge now generates passively even when D.Va is dead or her mech is destroyed
- Call Mech
- Ultimate cost decreased by 20%
- Endothermic Blaster
- Alternate Fire
- Ammo cost decreased from 50 to 40
- Guardian Angel
- Can no longer target the souls of dead allies
- Turret bullet damage decreased from 16 to 14
- Turret repair amount decreased from 100 to 50 health per swing
- Rivet Gun
- Maximum ammo decreased from 20 to 18
- Alternate Fire
- Cost decreased from 5 to 3
Along with these changes, a number of bugs were also fixed:
- Fixed several in-game locations in which it was possible to use Tracer’s Blink ability to exit intended play space
- Fixed an issue when blue-colored effects would sometimes get “stuck” on screen
- Fixed a crash that could happen when opening Loot Boxes
- Fixed several client- and sever-side crashes
- Fixed an issue that caused Zenyatta to receive more credit than intended for kill assists when determining Play of the Game
- Projectiles will now appear to line up more correctly with targets when viewing a player in Spectator Mode
Be sure to read the full patch notes if you are playing the Beta as there are added developer notes on the balancing. These reveal why the changes were made and what feedback was provided.
Are you glad to see the Overwatch Beta patch fixing balancing issues? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.