The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
XCOM 2 Update Fixes Saves, Texture Streaming and Some Crashes
About a week ago, Firaxis Games had promised that they were looking into the technical issues being faced by the players and that a fix would soon be released with the the next XCOM 2 update. The patch has now been released alongside a small changelog.
One of the primary issues that the game had related to save files that wouldn’t load due to being broken. After the latest XCOM 2 update, the developers say that saves relating to Chryssalid Cocoon will be fixed as well as the bug that didn’t let the players progress to scan after the Resistance Communications.
The hotfix is expected to install automatically but if it doesn’t you should restart Steam and it will. Here are the patch notes that have been shared:
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.
Other than this, Firaxis Games reiterates that they “will continue our patch support over the coming months with additional fixes and performance updates” other than this XCOM 2 update and similar hotfixes.
We have asked around and been told that a number of players have been able to load the save files that were not loading before this patch came out. Diid you experience any difficulty?