PlayStation to Android Emulator ePSXe 2.0 Has Been Released
Those of you who like to go the unconventional way in gaming will be well versed about emulators, especially ePSXe – if you are a PlayStation fan. After a long period of quiet, the developers have now released Android version 2.0.0 for the emulator.
This updated version of the APK allows you to do the same as the previous versions i.e. play games of the original PlayStation on your Android smartphone, but with new Shaders support, new 2D filters, and more.
ePSXe 2.0 will bring you simple shaders that can be adjusted with settings, gamepad profiles for Mad Catz and Xiaomi, 2D filters, sub-pixel precision support and a bunch of much needed fixes to bugs that were there in the previous version of the console emulator.
A changelog has also been shared by the developers:
- Added simple shaders support. In this version you can select the shader to use, it can be NONE, FXAA, CRT-Hyllian, xBR-LV2-3D, CRT-lottes or other custom shader (Thanks to Hyllian and Lottes). It is possible from the shader selection screen to download a pack of shaders or you can add your own shaders
- Added support for 2D-Filters: 2xSAI and xBRZx2/4 (thanks to Zenju). When enabling xBRZ filter, x2/x4 resolution will be disabled, because the filter does not work with internal scaling
- Added support for Sub-pixel precision to hardware renderers
- Fixed garbage on borders in some games in hardware renderers
- Fixed vibration on player 1
- Fixed the game The Hive
- Fixed PBP support on Nexus Player in android 6.0
- Fixed some crashes while scanning games
- Added more gamepads profiles: Mad Catz, Xiaomi
- Fixed ECM indexing block size when using MDF files
It looks like ePSXe 2.0 is going to be even better than its fan favorite predecessor!