Bungie Worried About Destiny Players Stopping to Play?
Bungie does sometimes ask the Destiny players a number of questions about the game – it is a part of their well designed feedback system that we certainly like. However, there is this special survey that they have reserved for people who are not playing the game any more.
The fact that Bungie actually had to put in place a survey for this suggests that a decreasing player base is definitely one of their concerns these days. What I want it to be more than that is a medium that the developers will use to rectify things (we all know that they are) that have caused the downsizing in the game.
Any how, emails are being sent out to Destiny players who no longer come back to play which ask them the reasons, and those are the most interesting part. Their guesses as to why people are quitting do reveal that the developers are putting their heads into it, and silently reading posts like this one here.
They also show us the direction in which Bungie is currently thinking. You’ll know what I mean when you check the possible answers they provided in the survey:
- I don’t have anyone to play with.
- I’ve run out of things to do.
- Endgame content (Nightfall, Heroic, Raid) is too challenging.
- My contact with other players has been unenjoyable.
- I don’t like recent changes made to the game.
- I don’t have enough time to play.
- New game(s) came out that I’d rather play.
- I don’t own The Taken King.
- I don’t like PvP.
- I don’t have access to a console or Xbox Live / PlayStation Network.
- Too much repetition or too much grinding.
- Something not on this list. (Please explain below)
There was only one more question in the survey asking how likely it was for the Destiny player to return to the game.
Are these guys getting jumpy?