Bungie’s Presidential Change Could Be Behind Destiny 2 Delay

By   /   Jan 28, 2016
Destiny 2 Bungie

Bungie has announced that current president Harold Ryan is stepping down after a decade of service. The company said goodbye to Harold and has appointed former producer Pete Parsons as the CEO.

Bungie refrained from commenting on the reasons behind this executive change. Pete Parsons on the other hand did released a statement to thank Ryan for his service and friendship.

I want to personally thank Harold for his friendship, passion, hard work, and dedication in helping make Bungie the great company it is today. As a team, we celebrated many victories and weathered many storms.

He added:

To the players of Destiny, I want you to know that my number one priority, and Bungie’s, is and always has been to deliver great games that we can all share together. I believe that Destiny is a one-of-a-kind experience. I also believe you have yet to see our studio’s best work. My new role here at the studio will be entirely focused on fulfilling that promise.

Previously, rumors were heard regarding Destiny 2 and its supposed release this September. However, reports came in a little later that Destiny 2 pushed back. It looks like Destiny 2’s delay might to be connected with top-tier management change taking Bungie in a different direction.

Little birdie says that this new direction will lead us to another The Taken King size expansion. Takes things lightly, nothing has been confirmed by Bungie for the time being.

Featured Videos