In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Rainbow Six Siege Patch 1.3 Arrives Today; Banning, Server Tick Rates, Level Design Fixes
Only a couple of days ago, Ubisoft had released the patch 1.2 and now Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege patch 1.3 is also going live. The developers have addressed a number of issues in the update that have been outlined at their official website.
First things first, the patch in question is slated to launch on PC today i.e. January 20 but the console versions of the game are only going to get it after one week. There are two exceptions to this though, the first being a out-of-zone insta-kill option followed by some anti-cheating updates and a few server tick rate improvements; all these go live right now.
That being said, Rainbow Six Siege patch 1.3 one again addresses hit registration like the past patch, and removes the first three day ban for cheating; instead, the offender get banned permanently and right away.
There also are a number of online fixes and level design fixes that have been deployed alongside the aforementioned exploit where defenders were exiting the zones in preparation phase. Here’s a detailed account of everything included in the new patch.
- Updated the server tick rate for console users
- With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.
- Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
- Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
- Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls.
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.
Some of the more annoying issues with Rainbow Six Siege will hopefully get rectified through this relatively smaller update and might actually make you consider buying one of those Xbox One bundles of the game.