In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Battlefield Hardline: Getaway DLC Arrives with New Update
The Battlefield Hardline: Getaway DLC has arrived for Premium members today and with it, a game update. The rest of the players will get the release January 26, though they won’t have to wait for the update.
The release notes for the update don’t provide too much detail, but here they are:
BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE: GETAWAY
The following features are included in the Battlefield Hardline: Getaway expansion pack. This content will be rolling out to Premium members on January 12th:
Four New Maps
• Double Cross
• Train Dodge
• Pacific Highway
New Game Mode
• Capture the Bag
• Performance Sedan
• Import Tuner
• Luxury Coupe
New Weapons for the Mechanics Class:
• M5 Navy
• AUG PARA
• RF Jammer
New Melee Weapon
• Fire Axe
Other New Features
• New Legendary Camos will unlock over time (Legendary only)
• Exclusive Premium League in the Competitive Match system (Premium owners only)
• Assignments and Patches for Mechanic class weapons
BASE GAME UPDATE
The following features are included in the Base Game Update. This content will be rolling out to all players as an automatic download on January 12th:
• Experience a new way to connect with Battlefield Hardline players in 5v5 skill-based matches
• Compete on a leaderboard and earn (or lose) ranks based on your skill and performance
• New seasons will regularly become available with a new rotation of maps and modes
• Standard League is available for all players
Note: Season 1 Competitive Matches for Console players begin with the release of the Base Game Update. Season 1 Competitive Matches for PC players will begin shortly after the release of the Base Game Update. Please stay tuned for more details.
New Weapons for All Classes
• RO933 M1
• G17 RACE Pistol
• M39 EMR
• Fixed a bug whereby a clicking sound would be heard by all players if one player equipped the Night Goggles gadget
• Added Custom RSP Server Banner support
• Fixed bug whereby player animation may break when using the Gator Gun
• Fixed bug whereby some vehicles could not be moved with melee attacks
• Fixed issues with the SCAR-H assignment and patch unlocking properly
• Melee weapons changed to have a more consistent sphere of damage.
• Ballistic shield changed to a 2 hit kill
• Increased accuracy while moving bonus for Bullpups
• Fixed bug with laser sight toggle not properly affecting crosshair
• Fixed bug whereby gadgets may get duplicated after becoming Legendary
• Fixed bug whereby Night Vision Goggles could not be turned off with the Ballistic Shield equipped
As you can see the update also includes mention of the new competitive matchmaking that was announced recently. Hopefully these updates run smoothly and don’t have any negative affect on the game.
Have you installed the update yet? Have you noticed any of these changes to the game? Let us know your thoughts below.