The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Windows 10 Update Brings Performance Issues for Fallout 4, Here’s a Workaround
A new Windows 10 Update rolled out earlier which brought the build number up to 10586.36, previously it was 10240. It made a few adjustments here and there but unfortunatly ruined frame-rate performance in certain games.
Reports say that Fallout 4 frames dropped to 10 in certain areas. On top of that, we have slow loading times, stuttering and other issues that plagued video games running on Windows 10.
But not to worry, there is a workaround that will hopefully help you fix any and all performance issues. All you need to do is revert back to the previous version of Windows 10.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Click on Windows Icon on the bottom left of the screen
- Go to Settings
- Now Click on Update and Security
- Enter Recovery
- Click on “Go Back, where the message reads: “If this Build isn’t working for you, try going back to an earlier one.”
- Click “No Thanks”
- Follow the instructions and your Windows 10 PC will restart and go back to a previous build.
This may possibly help you fix performance issues but if you’re mods aren’t working as well, it may be due to Saves and ini Files being saved to One Drive folder. This may be the root of the problem with mods. To fix it, there is a very simple solution. You need to turn off OneDrive and copy the files back to your main documents folder.
- Open Run dialog box and type RegEdit and hit Enter
- Navigate to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
- Right click on Windows and select New -> Key and Name it as OneDrive (skip this step is OneDrive key is already there)
- Right click OneDrive registry key and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it as DisableFileSyncNGSC or DisableFileSync
- Set the data for DisableFileSyncNGSC registry value to 1
- Restart Computer and make sure to copy your files back
Try these workarounds and let us know if they work for you. For other Fallout 4 related problems, check out our recommended fixes for Fallout 4 Errors, Crashes, FPS Unlock, Tweaks, Performance, Bugs.