The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 Bugs Fixed by AMD Crimson 15.12 Among Others
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 update was released recently and alongside a list of fixes that have been done to the other features, it has attended to a number of problems that were being faced by gamers who were using AMD to play a number of games including Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, Just Cause 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops 3.
There are a number of issues that they have attended to including flickers in some locations of Battlefront, broken sky rendering, shadowy textures near structures, and more.
In the case of Fallout 4, the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 update has sorted out the compass flickering with R9 390 products. There are a bunch of other issues relating to Just Cause 3 that have also been fixed.
Here’s the complete list of fixes:
- Radeon Settings driver update check is not available for minor driver versions
- System has higher idle power usage on Windows® 7 when running with Radeon Settings
- Star Wars Battlefront – Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
- Star Wars Battlefront – Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
- Fallout 4 – The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
- Star Wars Battlefront – Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
- Just Cause 3 – Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
- The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
- The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
- The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
- The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
- The AMD Overdrive™ fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
- Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
- Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
- Overdrive™ fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
- Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
- AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations
Other than this, AMD has also listed some of the known issues that will hopefully get fixed in the next update including a problem with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate where a crash was being experienced when users attempted to set the game to Ultra-High settings, and flickering in the Starcraft 2 Episode 3.
Other than this, the water splatter flickering in Anno 2205 with ultra high 4K display, Black Ops 3 freezes, DirectX 12 benchmark failing in Fable Legends, flickering in Wolfenstein: The New Order and Battlefield: Hardline on Freesync monitors and others have also been fixed.