AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta Driver Release with Optimisations for Latest Releases
AMD have released a beta version of the AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 driver which offer optimisations for some of the latest games, as well as providing some fixes for past problems. With big releases including Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, and Call of Duty Black Ops 3 either released or coming soon to the PC this will be a timely update.
The release notes for the drivers, which can be downloaded here, reveal the following updates and known issues:
- Performance Optimizations
- Includes quality and performance optimizations for the following titles:
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Fallout 4
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
- Call of Duty : Black Ops III
- Known Issues:
-  Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – Game cannot be launched in full screen mode on some laptop systems with an Intel processor and an AMD graphics device
-  Star Wars: Battlefront – Game cannot be launched in full screen mode on some laptop systems with an Intel processor and an AMD graphics device.
-  Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Flickering may be observed when running the game in DirectX 11 mode and with AMD Crossfire enabled
-  Elite: Dangerous – poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
-  A black screen may be experienced on booting Windows 10 on some systems with switchable graphics – with AMD Radeon HD5000 series graphics cards, when connected to an HDMI monitor
-  Far Cry 4: The game may hang on launch on some AMD Radeon 200 and 300 series products under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
As this is the beta driver it is safe to assume that the issues above will be worked on and fixed by the time the official release comes. If not there will be some questions raised by gamers who are having issues with their games.
Have you tried the new beta drivers? Have you had any issues with them other than the ones listed above? Let us know your thoughts below.