In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne Win Big at the Golden Joystick Awards
The results are in at the Golden Joystick Awards 2015 and Bloodborne fans will be happy. It won the Best PlayStation Game of 2015, which is probably no surprise to many.
An exclusive to PlayStation 4 From Software’s gothic horror impressed many people, especially the Dark Souls fans. Also interesting are the games which came second and third, Until Dawn and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. This is an impressive feat for a remaster, but is well deserved.
GamesRadar also revealed the other big winners which include:
- Best Original Game – Bloodborne
- Best Indie Game – Kerbal Space Program
- Innovation of the Year – First-person mode in GTA 5
- Best Mobile Game – Fallout Shelter
- Gaming Personality – PewDiePie
- Studio of the Year – CD Projekt Red
- Best Gaming Platform – Steam
- Best Gaming Performance – Ashly Burch as Chloe in Life is Strange
- Best Nintendo Game – Splatoon
- Best PC Game – Grand Theft Auto 5
- Best Xbox Game – Ori and the Blind Forest
- Best Playstation Game – Bloodborne
- Most Wanted Game – Fallout 4
- Lifetime Achievement Awards – Satoru Iwata
- Critics’ Choice Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
- Ultimate Game of the Year – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
While there are no big surprises in the list, obviously people will have their own choices as to who deserved to be the winner. It will be interesting to see if The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be “Game of the Year” after winning the Ultimate Game of the Year in these awards.
Did your favourite game win the award it deserved? Let us know your thoughts on the winners of the Gold Joystick Awards 2015 below.