In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Paris Games Week Sony Media Briefing Roundup
Sony today started Paris Games Week in impressive fashion with their press briefing. Featuring some of their biggest games they had plenty to reveal though most of it won’t make it to gamers until 2016.
The first few games had a focus on the next few weeks, before moving to the bigger titles that come next year, here are the highlights:
- Reminding us that Call of Duty has an exclusivity deal now for the PlayStation 4, we were introduced to the Giants trailer that was revealed last week.
- Next, a new Star Wars Battlefront trailer revealed not only new footage from the game but also Han Solo and Emperor Palpatine’s introduction.
- Street Fighter 5 came next, with Dhalsim confirmed and the February 16, 2016 release date also confirmed. In the first year 6 new Street Fighter 5 characters will be brought to the game and will all be free, purchasable through Fight Money.
- Tekken 7 was then revealed with a nostalgic trailer building up to a look at the new game itself.
- Moving on to Gearbox’s Battleborn, we were shown a trailer showing some of the modes coming to the game.
- Boundless was then revealed, one obviously aimed at fans of Minecraft with a focus on strange creatures and building.
- A new music based game was revealed called Vector.
- A new trailer for No Man’s Sky was revealed giving a release date of June 2016.
- Matterfall, a new FPS was also shown.
- Ratchet & Clank came next with a new trailer, though no actual game footage.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn was shown with new gameplay featuring actual combat.
- With the release of the Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne we were given a glimpse at one of the boss characters.
- As expected, DriveClub Bikes was revealed, though a surprise was the fact that the new DLC (and standalone version) will be coming.
- Gravity Rush 2 gameplay footage showed off some combat, including the ability to manipulate gravity with two styles – Lunar (lower gravity), and Jupiter (increase gravity).
- Uncharted 4 multiplayer was revealed in a trailer, the beta will be running from December 4 – December 13.
- We were given a glimpse at some gameplay from Dreams, featuring your “imp” who has the power to possess characters and objects to control them.
- PlayStation VR – Rigs footage shown, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was confirmed (also on-rails playstyle confirmed)
- Crytek revealed new PlayStation VR game – Robinson: The Journey
- Battlezone from Rebellion was shown, a TRON like tank fighting game using PlayStation VR.
- Tekken 7 will be released for PlayStation VR
- Gran Turismo Sport (Gran Turimso 7) finally revealed. Beta testing starts early 2016.
- Gran Turismo Sport will be coming to PlayStation VR.
- New gameplay footage was shown from Wild, another Playstation 4 exclusive. Shows ability to possess creatures and call ally animals to help complete tasks.
- David Cage revealed Quantic Dreams’ new game Detroit: Become Human exclusive to Playstation 4. Focusing on android, AI, and what it is to be human.
With a focus to the future, Sony revealed some big titles coming to the PlayStation 4. They also showed a selection of games that will be coming to PlayStation VR for those looking forward to Virtual Reality. Most impressive, and interesting has to be Tekken 7.
Did you watch the Sony Paris Games Week Briefing? What are you looking forward to the most? Let us know your thoughts below.