The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Dreadful Crimes ‘The Mystery of the Twice Dead Professor Guide
Dreadful Crimes are a special set of investigative side-quests in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate that require you to carry out classic murder investigations by acquiring clues and arriving to a final suspect.
Note: All clues should be investigated with Eagle Vision. Be warned: this guide is full of SPOILERS. Read at your own risk.
The Mystery of the Twice Dead Professor
The rewards for solving this crime are:
£: 2000 (Max)
XP: 1000 (Max)
City of London
Head to the Solicitor’s building to meet Artie and Henry Raymond and get briefed about this crime. This is a mystery of a professor, who once buried, returned to die in his parlor.
The first investigation zone is Professor Byng’s House. It’s located northeast from where you start the memory. Here, you’ll find 7 Clues.
- Byng’s Body – Inspect Byng’s body to find out that it was a violent struggle. Observe the cut on his forehead and the sting mark on his neck.
- Sculpture – Check the small table in the second-floor hallway to find a sculpture. There’s a small recess area in it.
- Dead Spider – Observe the small dead spider on the floor at the top of the stairs on the third floor.
- Legal Letter – In the same hallway that has the spider, there’s a letter on a table with a gas lamp. Read it to acquire some useful information.
- Crate – Check the crate in the corner on the third floor, left of the dead spider.
- Letter from Colleague – There’s a letter on a candlelit table in the backroom on the third floor. Investigate it for some information.
- Personal Letter – Head back downstairs to find a letter on a table in a nook on the opposite side of the floor room from where Byng’s body is lying.
After acquiring these clues, you’ll need to talk to 2 Suspects.
- Emmett Byng – Byng’s son Emmett is on the first floor near the fireplace. Talk to Emmett about Byng, the Crate, and the Will.
- Angela – Talk to the maid Angela about everything you can. She has some pretty interesting information to give away.
Once you’re done talking to the two suspects, you need to head to the University, south of Prof. Byng’s home. At the University, you’ll find 8 Clues.
- Handkerchief – The first floor of the university has a handkerchief on a bookshelf next to the stairs. Investigate it for some info.
- Receipt – There’s also a receipt here on the same floor that should be checked out.
- Treatise by Prof. Wilson – This book is located on a desk at the top of the stairs on the second floor. It gives a good explanation to the double-death of Prof. Byng.
- Small Box – Check the window on the second floor to find a small empty box with the label ‘Arachnid Harpadectus’.
- Pedestal – There’s an empty pedestal on the third floor.
- Spider Illustration – There’s a drawing of a spider on the second floor on the wall.
- Bookcase – Check the bookcase on the third floor near a window.
- Book Written by Prof. Byng – The floor of the third story has a book by Prof. Byng that is an important clue.
After this, talk to the 3 Suspects.
- Professor Silas – Prof. Silas stands on the third floor. Talk to him about Byng, Byng’s Book, and Travels.
- Wilson – Speak to Dr. Wilson on the second floor about Byng, the Empty Box, and the Spider.
- Virginia – Talk to assistant Virginia who is on the first floor. Talk to her about Byng and the Receipt.
Once you’ve completed your investigations in the University, head to the Cemetery. Here, you will find 4 Clues.
- Gravedigger’s Coat – The coat is on the ground beside the sole suspect. Check the coat for some information about the receipt at the university.
- Money – There’s some money that can be found on the curb behind the suspect. It’s coincidentally also 7 pounds sterling.
- Byng Family Vault – Use Eagle Vision to find a vault, and interact with it from the north side. Prof. Byng’s casket inside is empty.
- Handkerchief – There’s a handkerchief similar to the one you found earlier between the vault and the suspect.
- Muddy Tracks – Find the muddy tracks that start from the north entrance and follow them to the abandoned house to the north. Before that, talk to the sole Suspect
Beswick the gravedigger has things to say about Byng, the Tomb, Grave Robbery, Body-Snatching Proven, and Money. Once you’re done with talk to him, follow the Muddy Tracks to the Abandoned House. There are 6 Clues here.
- Tools – There are some tools located on the floor to the right as soon as you enter the house.
- Single Page – There’s a page on the floor near the tools. It describes some strange kind of ritual.
- Ripped Chapter – There’s an entire ripped chapter from Byng’s book on the floor opposite to the single page.
- Mask – There’s a wooden jackal mask on the floor in front of the ripped chapter.
- Ashes – There’s a pile of perfumed ritual incense ashes on the ground next to the wall.
- Spectacles – Check near the backdoor to find some spectacles. Remember who was missing their spectacles?
The final clue is what gives away the sole suspect. Head back to the University and Accuse Professor Silas, who decided he wanted to eat Byng’s brain.