Blizzard Clarifies Details on Earning Valor in World of Warcraft’s Patch 6.2.3
In games like World of Warcraft there is often a fine balance with updates that can see players either happy, or annoyed with the developers of the game. It appears that with patch 6.2.3 some fans of the game were left feeling uneasy about details surrounding Valor being used as a currency in the game.
What appears to be worrying people is the fact there may be no weekly caps for Valor grinding:
There’s no hard weekly cap this time around, but at some point you will run out of Valor-awarding activities. https://t.co/o3poNHlRfZ
— WarcraftDevs (@WarcraftDevs) October 20, 2015
“We’ve just updated our Patch 6.2.3 preview blog post with the following details:
- Upgrading an item costs 250 Valor for +5 item levels.
- Hellfire Citadel items, Dungeon loot, Baleful items, and crafted items can each be upgraded twice, costing a total of 500 Valor for +10 item levels.
- There is no hard weekly cap on Valor, but the sources of Valor are inherently not infinitely repeatable.
- Valor can be earned in the following ways:
- Mythic Dungeon (Valor awarded with dungeon completion, once per dungeon per week) – 300 Valor Points
- Complete the weekly Event quest from Seer Kazal (Pet Battle Event excluded) – 500 Valor Points
- Heroic Dungeon (complete your first random Heroic of the day) – 100 Valor Points
- Raid Finder wing (once per week per wing) – 150 Valor Points for Hellfire Citadel wings, 75 Valor Points for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry wings”
We’ll have to see if these updated details will ease any worries the players have. What are your thoughts on the issues with Valor returning? Let us know below.