In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
PlayStation 4 Outsells Xbox One But Strong Year-Over-Year Sales is Good News for MS
September NDP is here and to no one’s surprise, PlayStation 4 has outsold Xbox One once again. Sony and NDP data confirmed the news. PlayStation 4 was leading on both hardware and software sales for the month.
We are heading into the holiday season, November and December are highly important months for both Sony and Microsoft. A win before the season begins will give Sony a physiological edge.
As we kick off the holiday season, we would like to take a moment to thank fans for making PlayStation 4 the best-selling console and #1 in software sales in September. PlayStation 4 was the number one console for NBA 2K16, Madden NFL 16, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and FIFA 16. Including the highly successful limited edition console bundle, PS4 also led retail sales for Destiny: The Taken King.
Meanwhile, over at camp Xbox things are going pretty good as well. Xbox One is doing well for itself and has seen growth in double digits in September, while a solid increase was also seen in year-over-year sales.
According to Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President, Xbox Marketing, Xbox One had a strong momentum in September, year-over-years sales, and Xbox Live engagement has gone up.
However, combined hardware sales were down by 27% compared to 2014. 3% year-over-year decline in software sales was also noted. September’s top selling games were:
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) [Note: This is Madden’s second month.]
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Destiny: The Taken King (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
- Mad Max (PS4, Xbox One)
- NHL 16 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)