The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Here’s How You Can Fix Mod Errors in The Witcher 3 After Patch 1.10
The latest patch for The Witcher 3 sought to fix plenty of bugs in the retail version and bring balance to the gameplay. While it did succeed in doing so, it also brought a ton of bugs of its own.
Some of these issues include mods not working properly on PC, and certain items disappearing randomly from the player’s inventory.
Even with the updated version of the patch, many PC users are still facing difficulties in using mods with the game, with older techniques to eliminate the script compilation error being rendered useless.
Fortunately, Techjeep has managed to find a solution to fix this frustrating issue. With a few simple steps, it is entirely possible to completely get rid of the error altogether, and get the mods working again (provided they have support for The Witcher 3 version 1.10).
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to get The Witcher 3 mods working again:
- Head to the installation directory of The Witcher 3
- Open the content folder, then inside, open the folder named ‘content0’
- Inside this folder is another folder called ‘scripts’. Open this folder up, and then open the ‘game’ folder inside it
- Continue this deep-digging by opening the behavior_tree folder inside the game folder, and inside it open the ‘tasks’ folder
- Inside this ‘tasks’ folder is another folder called ‘hacks’
- Don’t worry, you don’t need to go inside this one, simply delete the ‘hacks’ folder
- Run the game now. Your mods should be working properly as long as they support the new patch
Yes, it was all very Inception-esque, but it’s a fairly easy solution that shouldn’t take more than a minute. Try it out and let us know if it helps!